The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hi from Australia!

Guest Fudgesical

Guest Fudgesical

G'day guys,

A very big hello to you all from Brisbane, Australia! Im currently saving for my dream car.. you guessed it a Supra :D Upon finding these fantastic forums and reading over the buyers guide I see a this place has a great group of ppl sharing my love for the almighty Supra. Look forward to chatting with members in the UK from my home down under for advice and tips, rock on mkivsupra.net!

Guest Laura_g
G'day guys,

A very big hello to you all from Brisbane, Australia! Im currently saving for my dream car.. you guessed it a Supra :D Upon finding these fantastic forums and reading over the buyers guide I see a this place has a great group of ppl sharing my love for the almighty Supra. Look forward to chatting with members in the UK from my home down under for advice and tips, rock on mkivsupra.net!

g'day mate, i want to live in australia cold weather sucks lol

Guest Fudgesical

Thanks for the warm welcome guys

Hi mate & I've been looking into moving to Australia for a while now. Got to make sure i can buy a Supra as soon as i turn up though so i've been keeping my eye on eBay Australia (to get an idea of prices)... Some really nice examples over there

sure are my friend, however there are better sites for sifting through descent cars here.. a good one is uniquecars

, have a good squiz there and that'll give ya an all rounder on whats on sale down here

g'day mate, i want to live in australia cold weather sucks lol

Yeah It's nice and warm here, its been a raining a bit lately but bright and sunny outside at the moment :)

Also just a quick question.. what the chances of finding a 6 speed, aerotop, j-spec RZ , TT around? I havent come across many in my searches at all and just wondering how rare they really are? thanks

Also just a quick question.. what the chances of finding a 6 speed, aerotop, j-spec RZ , TT around? I havent come across many in my searches at all and just wondering how rare they really are? thanks

Like proverbial rocking horse manure :)

They were never made officially, but I don't know for sure what the Americans got!

I think they are all auto to manual conversions, but then again, they were non-turbo SZs and twin turbo GZs (like mine, although mine's still an auto), not RZs (facelift).

Hello and welcome, by the way :)

Guest Fudgesical
Welcome,

I hope you find the Supra of your dreams but a word of warning. I will ban you forever if you post pics of it bathed in sunshine. ;) :D

On a related note: I hear the Police in Australia are super strict about speeding. True?

Whats that you want pics of her in a swimsuit near the beach? no worries :p

Yeah the police here are quite strict with regards to speeding and hoons in general, if you so much as look like you have something hot under the hood they'll pull you up and get you to pop it. Anything like a BOV venting to the atmosphere and you get snapped with fine for defects. As with speeding your allowed 10% over the limit any more and it'll cost ya 1 point and 100 bucks up to 11 k's over then its 3, over 25 and its 6, any more than 40 i think and bye bye license

Guest Fudgesical
Don't they have a law where your not allowed your car to be too low?

Yeah here they do, its 100mm (10cm) from ground height (i.e flat surface) what's the rule like over there?

Welcome to the club. Great choice of user name btw. I hope to someday visit your beautiful country. It's in my top 5.

Cheers mate, my father actually comes from Hamburg, Germany and Ive been there a few times to visit grandparents in the winter for Christmas. Id like to visit again one day