The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What tyres do you run?

Harllequin

Keancy gave me a jog of the memory for this thread.

I'd have put up a poll of what we have to choose from, but I thought I'd start with this first.

Can you guys give a car, front and rear tyre size, what make and how what you think about them.

1. Harllequin - (TT) Rear 245/50 R16 Nankang EX-500, Front 225/50 R16 Nankang EX-500. Very Bad

2. Ben SZ-R - (N/A) Front and Rear 245/35/R18 Wanli Ditchfinders - Hopefully to be replaced soon with some 20's with top branded tyres (sizes unknown but probably a rubber band profile) if the arches will allow with some minor manipulation. :-D The name Wanli and Ditchfinder probably illustrates the quality of the tyres! pretty scary sometimes!

235/35/19s front Michelin Pilot Sports (seem good plently of grip)

295/35/19s Rear Michelin Pilot Sports (grip in dry is fine, but i think they re too wide for my alloy as a 265 or 275 would suit a 9.5inch rim better ,and basically handling is crap because of this (i think) and in the wet back end is loose.

Keancy gave me a jog of the memory for this thread.

I'd have put up a poll of what we have to choose from, but I thought I'd start with this first.

Can you guys give a car, front and rear tyre size, what make and how what you think about them.

1. Harllequin - (TT) Rear 245/50 R16 Nankang EX-500, Front 225/50 R16 Nankang EX-500. Very Bad

Had nankangs on my mr2 when i 1st got it,got rid of the within a week.

Run yokohamas on the supe,no problems.

Front - Potenza SE03 235 40 ZR18

Rear - Potenza SE03 265 35 ZR18

I used to run the RE05's and thought they were great until the day they loose grip. I used to get 10/11 months of excelent grip then out of nowhere they would become useless. I never seemed to notice them wearing down. loads of grip one day and non the next. So far so good with the SE03's.

Front - Potenza SE03 235 40 ZR18

Rear - Potenza SE03 265 35 ZR18

I used to run the RE05's and thought they were great until the day they loose grip. I used to get 10/11 months of excelent grip then out of nowhere they would become useless. I never seemed to notice them wearing down. loads of grip one day and non the next. So far so good with the SE03's.

i have heard of this before tyres that go "off" is it an ageing thing or heat related ? how do the SEO3's compare price wise and how long have you had them