The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Air intake/Induction kits- question?

Firestorm

Stock gives better filtration plus it always has a cold air feed via 2 sources.

Induction kits generally offer less filtration (more crap entering your engine), are more expensive to maintain (filters wise) and unless ducted to a cold air feed take in warm/hot air.

Colder denser air gives more power and better mpg

standard box looks crap ive got an apexi kit on mine with two 3inch cold feed pipes and shielding sounds awesome :eyebrows: havent noticed any loss in mpg

:yeahthat: as above :yeahthat:

I have had them both, for ages. I love the way you can hear the turbos so clearly through the Apexi. std are good, but enclose and duct cold air into an induction kit (like I have) and it is spot on. Bollox to what other people say about the std. filter - I agree it is designed to function for this car, but I like the look and sound of the induction kits. do what you want mate, all of my supra's have run with induction kits with no problems whatsoever - it is an un-proven theory. Who knows, the crap entering might sand blast the internals and clean off the carbon making them more efficient?! :p (joking!)

Gary