The mkiv Supra Owners Club

MOT Fail - need help

charlton

Just got my Supe back from it its MOT and it failed :(

Not too upset because it is nothing too major... Emissions :lol:

Basically I have lost a bolt from the Cat to the Nur Spec so the emissions are too high/leaking - I wondered why the exhaust was hitting more bumps recently.

The MOT station was good and said they managed to squeeze it through the emissions test but could not pass it as it was leaking too much.

Does anyone know the size of the nut & bolt that I will need to patch this back up? Is there a spares package from Blitz that would have the gasket as I am not sure if that is still there - I would need it before the weekend ideally!

On a plus side the lenses bought from suprattgaz passed without any issues ;) will post pics of them soon

You need anti rattle nuts or washers behind them mate, thats probably why they might of dropped off. I put some more meaty bolts in mine as my old man mangaed to drop a nut and loose it lol.

Ive got a couple of free bolts if you want them mate (ill post um if they are use to you), i didnt use the ones that came with my new Nur Spec RX (its the same bore as what youve got)

Also bare in mind the JAP bolts are a diff thread from your local retailer will supply..........i found this out looking for a damn nut!

Si

You need anti rattle nuts or washers behind them

Ive got a couple of free bolts if you want them mate (ill post um if they are use to you)

Si

I'm pretty sure they had washers on them before, nevermind. If its ok I might pinch those bolts from you, I had an idea of going to Kwik Fit or something and seeing if they can patch it up. I will let you know how it goes

thanks for the help :thumbs: