The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyone have pictures of different HID temps /w Supra?

d9988

I'm considering 6000K or 8000K. I've seen different illustrations showing the 8000K as being more blue, however I've never seen an actual comparison with the Supra headlights. Since the projector is already blue, I would think it would have some affect on the color output as well.

Anyone have any pics?

• 2 weeks later...

A lot of the sellers on the auction site have 5000K instead of 4300K listed. Guess they round it up lol. Here's the illustration:

http://64.40.159.224/ebay/Xentec/HIDcolortemps.jpg

The 8000K seems to provide more light that my stock bulbs, however a little too much color. I like to have some color, just not that much.

I like how the S2000's and Acura TL's look pretty much straight white except as they hit bumps or from the side you can see blues/purples. I know this is mostly due to the projector color. That is why I am wondering how they look in the Supra projectors.

4300/5000 - the better light output would be nice, however if there is no noticeable color to them i may just get 6000K. In the picture above is shows 4300K with no color, however i gotta believe that some color is visible at certain angles due to the projector lenses?

By the way my color output looks somewhere between 10K and 12K. I believe the projector lenses add a bit more color.

And i did a search to find a video that shows what I mean about the light changing color with bumps, etc, due to the projector lenses. check out the first part of this clip:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6450119181940891269&q=hid