The mkiv Supra Owners Club

hi there im new to toyotas! pick up my supra saturday cant wait :)

Guest supra_ian666

Guest supra_ian666

hi there guys just a quick post to say hi , ive been a big big bmw fan the past few yrs ive still got a classic car bmw , but on sunday i decided to go out and find another toy, anyway i found a lovely supra SZ manual non turbo supra in preety much stock form bar exhaust and air filter in black with 60k on it lovely car , gota say always wanted one i pick it up this saturday and i cant wait!! i belive theyre great fun would i be right in thinking this ive owned RWD preety much all my driving life and wouldnt have it no other way :) :search:

hello all ian.

http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/7830/thenewtoy2do6.jpg

Guest supra_ian666

cheers guys thanks for the welcome so then are they a good motor ?? on the whole even if not a turbo ? i chose this just as a weekend toy looks and seems ok to me just wondered wat on the whole you guys think of them and how hard would it be to throw on a turbo set up at a later date if really got tempted lol

ian.

Driving this Supra will be a big change from what you are used to. For example, you'll notice a stick on the right hand side of the steering wheel which if you push it up or down it flashes orange lights in the corners of your car allowing others to know you are turning.

You may nede to practice this a few times if you've only driven BM's before ;)

Oh, and welcome BTW

Guest supra_ian666

hehehehe thanks for the good welcoming guys , ive had a few jap cars , ive driven lots im a v keen fan of drift i have a few friends around the D1 circle , i know how to put RWD thru its paces i have a ultra rare bmw aswell not just the norm lol , i also have always wanted a supra and cant wait i know its probably not the fastest thing i will have driven but surely the naturally aspirated supra is still sum good fun ?? i mean tell me if im wrong!! i love em some nice looking cars on here to guys :) great to see i will be sticking around anyway, thanks ian.

Guest supra_ian666

thanks all ive now picked the car up will post sum pics later today going to give it a clean when the frost dies down have sum things i need to find out about to hehehe.

ian.

Guest supra_ian666

no problems my man if you know about rare bmers lol its a genuine Hartge E30 H35 with a naturally aspirated 3.5 litre 270bhp engine conversion with 40 grands worth of hartge parts and was originally hartge motorsport press car lol one of 2 left in the world & Priceless worth , anyway back to the supra love it :) to:search:

if id have known how cool they were id have bought one yrs ago lol .

cheers guys thanks for the welcome so then are they a good motor ?? on the whole even if not a turbo ? i chose this just as a weekend toy looks and seems ok to me just wondered wat on the whole you guys think of them and how hard would it be to throw on a turbo set up at a later date if really got tempted lol

ian.

welcome

if you want to add a turbo later, you will find that it is easily possible and big power is easy also. HOWEVER - ive lost count of the number of NA-T threads and all of them end with "sell the N/A and buy a TT". Its more financially econonical and easier.

Driving this Supra will be a big change from what you are used to. For example, you'll notice a stick on the right hand side of the steering wheel which if you push it up or down it flashes orange lights in the corners of your car allowing others to know you are turning.

You may nede to practice this a few times if you've only driven BM's before ;)

Oh, and welcome BTW

HAHAHAAHA thats just what i was thinking

Guest supra_ian666

right well after a day of fun lol ive decided this is just wat i needed in my life lol id like to keep it as na and just make it perfect , it needs brakes now im not sure which exact brake setup it has any ideas how to tell guys ? also theres a sound of wat i can only understand as axel tram now ive never had a supra so i dont know if thats normal or not or weather its down to poor bushes watever any ideas would help apart from that it needs a electric aerial no big deal but help with all this would be great! its very strong on the road absolutly flys im happy enuff with it it has one cat took off strainless exhaust , and a hks filter , im unsure if its lowered as yet or not its done 60 thousand miles from new also i will add sum more pics i cleaned it and polished it today but run out of sun light lol

any views welcome thanks ian.;)

just a sneaky pic i took this morning god i love the ass.....