The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Big Thanks to Matt and AFR

juanchan

I picked the Supra up yesterday afternoon from AFR after having a basic service, some bodywork resprayed and the entire car mopped.

Glad to hear that she's looking ok under the bonnet, and now she's looking particularly stunning outside too :cool:

Front and rear bumpers have been resprayed, along with the left rear quarter panel and my pink door handles are now shiny shiny red again :D I'm very happy with the bodywork results - the blend in is fantastic considering the base paint on the car is 14 years old!

These pics were taken by Matt before I picked her up as I don't have a digital camera unfortunately. The light is fading, but hopefully you get the idea! And before anyone mentions it, I've already been told that I need a new number plate :D

Oh, and Matt, if there's any chance of a soundclip/video of that Cobra up and running, that'd be cool too :D

http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/7226/p2112069smalldj1.jpg

http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/2355/p2112074smallat8.jpg

http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/5619/p2112073smallei8.jpg

http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/3315/p2112076smallvu0.jpg

Lovely job :)

I think its time to get a new front numberplate though to finish the job?

Gaz.

:tongue::D

very nice, did you see a really nice blue one in there, and was it being pampered

I did indeedy. It's a bit slower than mine at the minute though, unless your Fred Flintstone driving technique is rather good :D

Glad you're happy Rich, the bodyshop guy here really is good, I have been genuinely impressed.

Very happy! After 80 miles driving home with a giant smile on, my face started to hurt! And thanks for sorting the headlight washer too - I forgot to mention that bit!

Man that's smokin',all you need now is a new front license plate to tidy it all up :)

Tut tut! We ain't in America here! :)

Its a great place and seems to be having a good start with some already very happy Supra owners

And rightly so. I've not met many people as open, honest and as genuine as Matt before. I wish him every success in getting AFR fully up to speed over the coming months.

I'd also like to stake my claim to "First Forum Supra to be Resprayed by AFR" :D

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

And how did I miss your reply to this thread Andy?! You'll be shocked to hear that over the last two evenings I've washed her inside and out :D

I'll wash her again over the weekend and give her a good polish up ready for Japfest ;)

Looking lovely Rich. As Gaz says, get a new number plate (Demonplates are good) and keep her clean ;)

I was going to order one from Craigsplates when I bought my forum plate, but the DVLA have had my V5 for feckin' ages now (>6/7 weeks) to change some details on it, so I can't order a new one up in time for next weekend :(

I now have 2 buckets and more car cleaning kit than I ever thought was out there, so I have no excuses really!

Looks nice mate, real deep red is the best colour on a supra:cool:

Whats yours having done gaz? sounds like the engine is out?

When she's clean and polished, the stock deep red does look sublime IMO :D

Gaz's car was somewhat engine-less when I was up at Matt's, but that was back at the start of Feb now :)