The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Suspension Help?!

benstanley

Hey there.

Recently had a knock in the supe managed to snap one of the control arms. Took it into the garage also found out that the main part of the suspension that all the arms connect to is also bent? Think its called the stub something or sub something?? Anyone got any ideas?? And anyone have one for sale?? rear passanger side please!!

Gimme a call or drop me an email 07812367616 or

[email protected]

cheers Ben

Hey there.

Recently had a knock in the supe managed to snap one of the control arms. Took it into the garage also found out that the main part of the suspension that all the arms connect to is also bent? Think its called the stub something or sub something?? Anyone got any ideas?? And anyone have one for sale?? rear passanger side please!!

Gimme a call or drop me an email 07812367616 or

[email protected]

cheers Ben

sub frame...

nasty!

that is the bit that's welded onto the chassis... one of the suspension guru's will be along, but I would call CW if you want it done right.

I saw your text message, but being a Neanderthal I don't know how to respond to them, and wouldn't if I did :). I suspect you are after a rear hub assembly, I suggested the accident you described may have done more than bend that arm. I don't have one, but Jez on here may do, as he breaks quite a few MKIV's. I'd get it as a complete assembly, it'll cost less than having a new bearings and seals in a stripped one, which is a time consuming and tricky job.