The mkiv Supra Owners Club

A funny squeak- sounds like wastegate??

Firestorm

morning peeps

i was driving to work today, and over taking someone down the dual carriageway and i got a fairly loud beeping/squeaking sound at bout 3 and half K RPM- but when i slowed down a bit took foot off the pedal it went. im just wondering if it was a dodgy wastegate or just a cold turbo or smthing. i dont think it was one of my gauges (defi turbo) sayin that i was at 1.2 bar? any ideas folks? (btw stock wastegates & turbos )

acutally could be onto something. probably the gauge- hhm that sucks!

ok desciprtion- sounded engine bay front drivers sound- like a squeal /squeak. (its pretty hard to describ) all i know is that was when i was boosting the first turbo just before the 2nd one would of kicked in. its never done it before- i will boost it later 2nite on way home see if i get the same thing. everyone hope it doesnt! hehe!

Has the performance been effected? Boosting the same?

Could be a slight leak somewhere in the system, ie. high pressure air escaping through a small hole. Doing a pressure test on the system should reveal the source if there is a leak somewhere.

yeh could be that actually. although its more like beeping sqeak- hhm.but as i was accelerating i dont think i would of put 1.25 bar in it. certaintly never heard it before. could i possibly been the traction control kicking maybe as i loose grip off the back tyres?

i dont loose power and im pretty sure its not the cams as thats all be changed and looked at fairly recently.

apprecitte the support guys! :D