The mkiv Supra Owners Club

UK Supra Standard Fit Scorpion T5000 Alarm.

SteveC

Hi,

Not expecting to get much (if any) response to this, but here goes...

My Scorpion T5000 alarm has failed again and there's no response to either remote.

Last time this happened I sent it away to Scorpion, and a few days late I received it back with the remotes re-synchronised to the alarm - all for £24 +VAT.

Unfortunately, on this occasion, my phone call to Scorpion resulted in being told that the T5000 is no longer supported by them... and they didn't even have any diagrams they could offer - they'd all been taken off their system, apparently.

To get to the point: I've bought another alarm and wondered if anyone has a diagram of the T5000 wiring connections. I'm not expecting to find one, so I'll probably have to simply rip it out and start afresh.

A diagram could save a bit of time on the installation of the new alarm though... :)

Steve.

Thanks Wez.

I did contact Matt a few weeks back (via PM) about supplying me with a new alarm system, but he didn't get back to me after his initial reply and suggestion that the alarm should be replaced with something newer (and better).

I read somewhere on here that he's been a bit busy recently - changing jobs?

Guest dangerousandy

I have had similar problems with my UK spec alarm.........usually when its raining or I need to be somewhere important!!! I found that if you take the fob apart and move the battery about whilst holding down the unlock button the alarm/immobiliser will disarm 9after about 15 - 20 mins of effing about....!)

I have had similar problems with my UK spec alarm.........usually when its raining or I need to be somewhere important!!! I found that if you take the fob apart and move the battery about whilst holding down the unlock button the alarm/immobiliser will disarm 9after about 15 - 20 mins of effing about....!)

Thanks for the reply.

Like you, I was running late and just about to set off on a 30 mile journey for a Friday night out. Then the foul language started!

I did mess about with both the remotes for a fair while. I've read elsewhere about sliding the switch that's on the side of the remote up and down and that sorting it out, but it didn't with mine. I also tried disconnecting the battery overnight and reconnecting, unplugging the alarm itself and reconnecting... I even tried praying. :(

I've given up on the Scorpion and I've got hold of a Clifford alarm and I'm going to 'stick' that in instead.

(It'll probably end up just as immobilised as it is now!! :))

Guest dangerousandy
Thanks for the reply.

Like you, I was running late and just about to set off on a 30 mile journey for a Friday night out. Then the foul language started!

I did mess about with both the remotes for a fair while. I've read elsewhere about sliding the switch that's on the side of the remote up and down and that sorting it out, but it didn't with mine. I also tried disconnecting the battery overnight and reconnecting, unplugging the alarm itself and reconnecting... I even tried praying. :(

I've given up on the Scorpion and I've got hold of a Clifford alarm and I'm going to 'stick' that in instead.

(It'll probably end up just as immobilised as it is now!! :))

I tried the switch too and it did nothing!!!