The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Is there something wrong with my supra?

scottysupra

Quick question i went to santa pod on sunday and it just seemed to be slow. Ive got a jap spec 6 speed twin turbo and its standard apart from a cat back exhaust but i was only able to get a 14.4 sec run. I was getting pretty good starts and warming the tyres up properly but i thought it should really be in the 13s. Am i right?

Quick question i went to santa pod on sunday and it just seemed to be slow. Ive got a jap spec 6 speed twin turbo and its standard apart from a cat back exhaust but i was only able to get a 14.4 sec run. I was getting pretty good starts and warming the tyres up properly but i thought it should really be in the 13s. Am i right?

Good to hear your back out thrashing your car again. we will have to get out for another run soon.

Carl

More practise and more importantly better tyres/grip will help. I was getting 14.3 best at normal PSI for a stock car, I turned up when the track was prepped with Toyo 888s (still at stock PSI) and got 13.8... what were your terminal speeds like?

This was the second time i have been to the pod in my supra and last time i did a best time of 14.2. I do think the track was a bit slippery as i did get a bit of wheel spin in first gear i was launching at about 3500 revs. My terminal speeds were all between 98 to 100 mph.

This was the second time i have been to the pod in my supra and last time i did a best time of 14.2. I do think the track was a bit slippery as i did get a bit of wheel spin in first gear i was launching at about 3500 revs. My terminal speeds were all between 98 to 100 mph.

Sounds about right mate!

When my car was stock apart from 2nd cat removed, blitz exhaust and induction kit i managed a 14 sec dead with a 102 terminal! (the problem is the weight!)

My mate has just bought a mk1 golf gti running 170 bhp for £1500

Now on paper this gives it a little more BHP per tonne than a stock supra!

Will be intresting to see what sort of time it will run on the strip!

I remember being amazed at how quick the golfs/astras and renault 5s were up at the pod. but i surpose its all down to how light these cars are!

But at least on a open streach of road it would be a walk in the park for the supra;)

Sounds about right mate!

When my car was stock apart from 2nd cat removed, blitz exhaust and induction kit i managed a 14 sec dead with a 102 terminal! (the problem is the weight!)

My mate has just bought a mk1 golf gti running 170 bhp for £1500

Now on paper this gives it a little more BHP per tonne than a stock supra!

Will be intresting to see what sort of time it will run on the strip!

I remember being amazed at how quick the golfs/astras and renault 5s were up at the pod. but i surpose its all down to how light these cars are!

But at least on a open streach of road it would be a walk in the park for the supra;)

O.k so it doesnt sound like my car is dying then thats always a good thing ;)

It drives really nicely and doesnt feel as though anything is wrong i just thought it would be faster my tuned renault 5 turbo did a 14.8! As you say though out on the road it would be a different story especially at higher speeds.

Sounds about right mate!

I dunno, I've usually hit 103 - 106mph for my terminals for both 13 and 14 sec runs... and that is with both cats in place.

What are the 60ft times like?

I dunno, I've usually hit 103 - 106mph for my terminals for both 13 and 14 sec runs... and that is with both cats in place.

What are the 60ft times like?

Termainals were 102-105,

60ft 2.2062

330ft 6.0433

1/8et 9.1551

1/8 mph 81.68 mph

1000ft 11.7381

Im sure if i had taken a few psi out the tyres i might have got a very high 13's

But at the end of the day, were talking about a few tenths of a second, and this is more that likely down to the driver

Will be intresting to see what she can do now!

Im hoping for a 13sec dead, 12.8/9 and i would be over the moon..