The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bonnet damaged in post, how to fix?

Homer

Parcel Force suck :(

The near mint bonnet I bought from Supra Pilot turned up today with two of the corners "folded" :cry: It was VERY well packaged and had massive lettering on saying "Fragile, handle with care", but for Parcel force this seems to mean it's safe to throw around

A pic of one of the corners is attached, it's hard to tell from the pic, but the edge is folded down about 4mm and the paint is cracked and peeling. Any ideas how to fix this? can it be easily bent back into shape?

bonnet1.jpg

a panel beater could take care of it mate.

when my car was hit it was bent worse than that in same place and i had a slight fold half way up one side and you couldn't tell after he finished

Thats good to know, will now try and find one here!

get it sorted and bill them

Bit of a nightmare here... Parcel Farce have a limit of 1.5m square for anything they pick up, the bonnet is about 3cm over this but I was assured by the guy on the phone that it was okay.. Now when I went to make a claim they said it wasn't valid as it was oversize and that when I signed for it I accepted this (apparently I should have read the postage stamp size sticker on the bonnet that notified me of this :rolleyes: ) It took me 2 minutes even to find it!

You can put a complaint in, and if they don't give in go to the ombudsman.

If that doesn't work sue their backsides (IIRC they can be sued for damage to parcels unlike Royal Snail who are covered by the postal services act 2000). Problem is that even the small claims court costs £105 to actually get a hearing!

You can put a complaint in, and if they don't give in go to the ombudsman.

If that doesn't work sue their backsides (IIRC they can be sued for damage to parcels unlike Royal Snail who are covered by the postal services act 2000). Problem is that even the small claims court costs £105 to actually get a hearing!

Thanks mate. They were quite clear that I wasn't covered, besides it's only insured up to £150 so even the SCC doesn't make it worth the hassle :( Might as well take this one on the chin.

i know how you feel mate i bought a good 2nd hand one that had been sprayed but started to peel thats it, now it need a good bashing and spray, not happy, mine was delivered by TNT and the driver was shorter than the bonnet tall, he slung it out the van and dragged it to the door:( they dont even want to know about it:rolleyes:

No mate, it was already like that. I saw it on supra pilot's car like that.

Just kidding, claim homer, dont let them get away with it.

Lol, Dom was on the ball and took good pics just before it was packaged.

They've already rejected it and refuse to move on this, I already spoke to their customer complaints department but was told I had no grounds for a claim. In their view: oversize = no insurance regardless of whether the size was acdepted on the phnoe or not. It was my responsibilty to ensure the item was less than 1.5m in any dimension, it wasn't therefore it's my fault.

I can understand their point of view, but still find it frustrating the bonnet was treated so badly while in their care :(

It was only picked up yesterday too, so has only been with them about 18 hours.

Shocking really... The plonks had it in their possession for less than 24hrs!

They have had to do that on purpose....

That was packaging cardboard, it was double wrapped and tripple skinned on the edges and potential leaning spots.... as well as quite a lot of tape all over to prevent tearing to the surface.... Yet they managed to beat the odds.... :fool:

Maybe they can't read! :blink:

P2080153.JPG

P2080154.JPG

Guest CoolsBlue

man well what do you expect packing it like that? its in the shape of the hood! obviously when they lean it up itll get bent and chipped. they wont lie it down, as they need to save space, should of put it in a box like knight racer do and put a ball of bubble wrap on each corner and curved edge, see how lack of common sence cost you.....rant over:D

Surely even though it was oversized, then with them accepting it on the phone they have entered into a verbal contract to carry the goods. If that is the case then they are in the wrong for accepting it and as such should pay. I would take it to the very top and work down. Find out who is a Director and send them a letter with all the fact, names dates and times etc.

WE have gone thru quite a few of disputes with Parcel Force in the past in claiming for damaged items... You would be very lucky to get anything out of them really since the bonnet should not have been taken on anyway, plus you have signed for it ok when receiving it....

The packaging seems ok but the legs should have had a bit of wood screwed on the bottom so the corners don;t sit on the floor but sit on the wood....

The damage looks minimal really, any bodyshop should be able to straighten it easy....;)

Shocking really... The plonks had it in their possession for less than 24hrs!

They have had to do that on purpose....

never - EVER - use parcelforce - we used them for 5 years an they were shocking. There is a management guy on the board who works for them, and he may help with a calim, but in all honesty it's stress and you can make more money doing something else to get the finances back than deal with that co.

and there is NO WAY that bonnet was going to come through in once piece packed like that, sorry! Even if it was going but 50 yards, neat it may have been but protection from PF.. it's fate was sealed!

For any chance it would have to be encased in bubble wrap and then suspended inside an oversized box.

I had a bootlid sent to me by tnt, it was cased in a lot more than that and it still turned up with a sizable dink in the side and drag marks where the corners had ground off. No stress though as it was destined for the spray shop anyway.

Ihope you get it sorted, sure it is fixable, but it would have to be set in place on the vehicle for the beater to get it the right shape again I imagine :(