The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My Supe is in the garage AGAIN!!

SilverSoop

Hi all, i havnt had my supe long and i havnt had chance to even post pics up yet! I bought my supe in december after a week of ownership, she went into the garage to fix the gearbox. A month later she came out with a new rattling noise from the gearbox and i instantly took her back the the people who worked on the gearbox. Two weeks later, shes still not out and atm, im driving a bloody V.W which drinks more petrol than my supe! So who knows, the way its going, i probably wont have her back until march at this rate!

When she went in to gearlink in salisbury, the guy said to me the rattling noise could be a mark on the of the teeth hitting the layshaft as it rotates. So it then gets fixed, starts her up, and guess what? Still the same noise, so obviously not that, personally, i think it could be something to do with the gearbox bearings. He phoned me up on friday and tells me he cant do anything until wednesday because even though my supe has been a priority, they need to clear a back log of work they have. Not good news. Im even more annoyed at the dealer who sold the car to me which he probably knew had the problem, and when she came back the first time, the dealer tried to tell me it was the baulk rings rattling around in the gearbox because thats what they do?! WTF :blink:

The noise which my gearbox is making, kind of sounds like a rollercoaster climbing, its that loud! So somehow, i dont think its the bloody baulk rings or synchros in other words. So if anyone wants to buy a car from WEST MOORS MOTORS in Christchurch, DONT because more than likely, there WILL be something wrong with the car, unfortunetely, ive had to learn the hardway.

Sorry its so long but its just not acceptable especially for 12k spent!

Guest dangerousandy
Thanks andy, shes worth the money but you just dont expect things like the gearbox to go!

Oh and its Shane btw ;) :D

Im crap with names - even foget mine too at times:banghead:

Rob makes a good point, the Getrag box WILL rattle if the car has a lightweight aftermarket flywheel / clutch on it.

Yeh but when she went in the first time, the gearbox wasnt rattling but when she came out, i heard this horrible clunk, clunk, clunk noise, just sounding like a rollercoaster climbing because thats the only way i can describe it. Just to mention that when she went in, the guys at gearlink only had the gearbox, instead of the whole car which they should of had because more than likely, she would have been fixed by now im sure! :rolleyes: