The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Japfest 2008 - Welsh convoy

vvteye

Hi guys, the Japfest will be held on Saturday 17th May 2008 at Castle Coombe. You need to get your names down by end of Feb, beginning of March so see following thread to book your tickets http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=136844

Then get your names down below to meet at M4 Magor Services, Newport and convoy through. (Meeting/departure times to be arranged).

1. vvteye

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Why don't you meet with us after we join the M4 ??????:D

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=143885

It will all need to be carefully time controlled so that's that fecked then :rolleyes:

We'll be coming from the M4 West side, Dodgyrog from the M5 and the main convoy from the East side. I assume we would normally leave at junction 16 whilst the main guys will leave at junction 17.

I reckon it would be :cool: to meet the main convoy so perhaps we should plan to overshoot junction 16 and carry on just past Leigh delamare services then look for a layby and join up with the main guys. Either that or we just trundle in from the Bath junction (16).

The issue with trying to meet with the JCC guys at Magor is that they probably won't be there early enough to enable us meeting with the main convoy.

The best plan here is for everyone to make a big effort in coming to the Toby meet on the 7th April so we can get our heads around it.

Following on from Jap Show last year, the experience of being part of a convoy of 50 plus Supes should not be underestimated for a few extra quids worth of petrol and a quarter of an hours less sleep!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Speaking to most of the guys at the last Toby meet most of them are going in a japwales convoy which is likely to meet in Magor and get off at the Bath (j16) so will totally miss the main Supra convoy. As a result I'm definately going on to Junction 17 where the main convoy gets off. That said, I am more than tempted to even go higher up J18/19 to have some motorway convoy fun. I've only been in one big Supra convoy and I must say, it was very exhilerating. What are your plans? :eyebrows:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest rjs

hi im planning on going to japfest show and was wondering is there a designated area for supras to park,cos last time i went i had to park on a steep grassy bank.traveling from llandrindod wells mid wales if anyone wants to meet up on route.

hi im planning on going to japfest show and was wondering is there a designated area for supras to park,cos last time i went i had to park on a steep grassy bank.traveling from llandrindod wells mid wales if anyone wants to meet up on route.

You need to book tickets and a place on the stand if there is any left. See this thread.http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=136844

I'm thinking of overshooting junction 17 and heading up the motorway to join the big convoy for a stretch of Motorway fun ;) You are welcome to join me :eyebrows:

WELCOME TO THE CLUB BTW