The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Off to get my car back

razza

:DFinally after 3 months with no car, I'm off to get my little beauty back from ToyotaGT:d:d:d:d:D

It's been a bit of a mission to get this sorted as most of you are probably aware, and it feels like I'm off to buy a new car!!!

I ended up getting n boosts engine with some UK turbos on it:eyebrows:

I can't praise ToyotaGT enough for their patience and great efforts to try and get me back on the road, and for looking after my interests;) James is a top bloke and I highly recommend these guys. They also found my boost controller was plugged up incorrectly which probably added to the turbos going in the first place:taped:

I've given them a lot of hassle from the start of dumping my car on them suddenly, through to them storing my car whilst I had a nightmare trying to source an engine, got an engine, stripped it down, rebuilt it to get a refund (which is looking less and less likely), blah blah blah. Top guys!!!!!!:thumbs:

Just waiting for a lift:taped:

Only thing is I can't really drive it how I want until late tonight when no-one's around, as there's still a fair bit of oil through the system from when my turbos blew, so need to burn it off when there's no traffic around as it creates a little bit of smoke:innocent:

Happy as a pig in sh*t!!!!!:D

lift just got here, bye bye:D

:DJust got back:D

Had a nice little drive giving it a bit of boost (couldn't help it, it's been too long), and boy did it smoke:innocent:

Then unfortunately the missus wanted to go food shopping now we have a car, so spent time in tescos instead of driving:taped:

Went for a bit of a spin but couldn't give it any as she screams to much (the missus, not the car lol!):rolleyes:

What a fantastic feeling getting back into it and getting that smile back on my face:)

Not going to let the rest of the engine troubles get to me now, if he wants to sort it out amicably then fine, if not there's ways and means. Life's too short, and a working Supra more than makes up for it:D (nothing to with ToyotaGT if you haven't heard the saga)

I've missed the roar as you floor it, the looks you get as you cruise past people, infact every bloody thing about it, just gave it a nice wash too:sly:

Think the neighbours are gutted to see it back as it's not the quietest:innocent:

You're looking at one happy man:d:d Thanks for all the support over the past 3 months guys!!!

Waiting for roads to get quiet so I can go burn some oil out of it.................

when's the next meet?:)

just want to drive and drive.

Turbos seem to pull strong thanks bignum, I'll let you know once I get the system clean and can give it some without doing a James Bond smoke screen:eyebrows:, but so far they seem good;)

twas a great day for driving :eyebrows:

Shortley after Darren left had a visit from a soop Owner called Paul, pulled up with the t-tops off, stepped out suited and booted, Said, hiya, Hiya, been a nice day, yeah what you been doing, just driving about thought i would pop in say hello and book the car in.

Nice guy very relaxed, only thing he was missing in the whole chilledoutness was the hawian shirt and shades, the car was rather :eyebrows:

when's the next meet?:)

just want to drive and drive.

Turbos seem to pull strong thanks bignum, I'll let you know once I get the system clean and can give it some without doing a James Bond smoke screen:eyebrows:, but so far they seem good;)

Not sure when the next meet is,i'm sure lui will be along to inform us.

Shortley after Darren left had a visit from a soop Owner called Paul, pulled up with the t-tops off, stepped out suited and booted, Said, hiya, Hiya, been a nice day, yeah what you been doing, just driving about thought i would pop in say hello and book the car in.

Nice guy very relaxed, only thing he was missing in the whole chilledoutness was the hawian shirt and shades, the car was rather :eyebrows:

black supe by any chance? saw him go past whilst I was filling up at the station just round the corner...

James that was Paul E, he phoned me (while I was sleeping :rolleyes:) to get your exact location, seems he was having trouble finding you, I mentioned to him about you when I last saw him and he said he pop in, but Paul used to own Miami GT ;)

James that was Paul E, he phoned me (while I was sleeping :rolleyes:) to get your exact location, seems he was having trouble finding you, I mentioned to him about you when I last saw him and he said he pop in, but Paul used to own Miami GT ;)

F*cking PMSL, as soon as I read the shirt details and sunglasses there were only two possibilities... one is in prison, the other... :D