The mkiv Supra Owners Club

crash :-(

banni_supra

hey as ive finally calmed down i thought i would put a post up about my latest news.... driving along happy as can be in the supe when here a woman comes in a ford ka pulled out of a give way directly in front of me, wasn't too pleased at this point but it gets better, as we pull over to exchange details she gets out and says... What have you done? i had to laugh and clearly point out that she had pulled out of a 'give way' clearly without giving way... gets even better after getting home and ringing the accident through to my insurance and was very happy she was 100% at fault they could not find her on the whole insurance database so turns out she may not even be insured, damage is as follows...

Drivers side wing; relining and respraying

front bumper drivers side; dented scratched, also needs respraying relining

drivers side light; relining

bonnet; relining

passenger side alloy; refurbing

seems like alot of damage considering when i hit her i was traveling around 7-8 mph but believe me its true, hers is barely marked.

light at the end of the tunnel however as insurance have ok'd work to be done and will be getting started early next week and will be looking like new.

pictures will be added as soon as i find my cable.

thanks for reading.

Sorry to hear that. uninsured drivers are a scurge.When you exchanged details did you get her reg number?if you did get the police to do her for no insurance.If she hasn't got that she may not have mot get her banned from driving,that would be another scum bag off the road.Good luck.

Ah man, sorry to hear that. I had a similar thing happen - girl in a Yaris pulled straight out into me (she was encroaching in a cross hatch box - think she thought she should be allowed out but was on dual carriageway so dangerous for me to stop) was still clear ahead of me and then she just started to drive out! Crashed into me, I got out of the car and she tried denying it was her fault! Fortunately she didn't have a leg to stand on (legally speaking) and the Supra got fixed on her insurance. If she'd been uninsured too though I would have gone mental. Not suggesting anything - but did you get her home address just in case there is trouble with getting it fixed?

Thanks for all the input on this people, insurance have rang this morning ok'd for the work to get started early next week and providing me with a courtesy car haha prob be a corsa (the pain) but yes i will be having the book thrown at her if shes uninsured car crushed and all the job lot.

ill get pics of before and after when shes all bony again :)

No & No pal take it you've had bad experience with the last?

not bad but an experience, i was driving to the kent mod show and sitting behind a black ka, my foot slipped of the clutch and bang straight into the back of her, i totaly fooked my front bumper ect, we swapped details, and she said she will be at the kent show all weekend, anyway on the saturday morn i went out to the bank, got £500 out and thought it might tempt her not to go through insurance as i did not want to lose my ncb, but she had gave me false details, even the phone number:d so she obviously never had insurance, it was totaly my fault too,

not bad but an experience, i was driving to the kent mod show and sitting behind a black ka, my foot slipped of the clutch and bang straight into the back of her, i totaly fooked my front bumper ect, we swapped details, and she said she will be at the kent show all weekend, anyway on the saturday morn i went out to the bank, got £500 out and thought it might tempt her not to go through insurance as i did not want to lose my ncb, but she had gave me false details, even the phone number:d so she obviously never had insurance, it was totaly my fault too,

haha that is a funny story you lucky get!!