The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Cambelt Cover

keancy

Time for another post peeps.

Last night the Hubby informed me that we actually haven't got a Cambelt Cover on our car. Believe it or not I hadn't noticed until I actually took a look today and oh yeah you can see the Cambelt when you look into the Engine. Now surely that's not a good thing is it??

Any suggestions on what to get?? Tempted to get a nice shiny one, how much are those?? And are they a straight on fit or normaly push on over the top of the original??

How much is an original. Jap Spec 1993, if that makes any difference.

Thanks for any advise.

No covers there iirc.

maybe not exactly there........but there should be plastic covers on the front of the engine (in the vertical plane) that cover the cambelt. IMO if they can see the cambelt anywhere from in front of the car a stock cover of one type or another is missing.

I haven't had a cambelt/sparkplug cover on mine for over a year. I have got one, in the garage, I just leave it off 'cos it makes it easier to change the plugs.

They don't really do owt except stop you catching your medallion in the timing gear - but my Supra isn't an aerotop anyway so I don't have to worry about that.