• HKS Hipermax 3
    • TEIN Superstreet
    • JIC Magic
    • Other please state

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Tein SS are a decent budget setup, but you can't really compare them to the HKS Hypermax III's. The HKS coilovers are far better quality, give much more/better adjustment and a lot lighter, but are more expensive.

The equivalent Tein coilover would be the Mono Flex, but these are slightly more than the HKS ones.

The JIC coilovers are good quality, they have recently brought out a few new models, but not tried these yet.

HKS Hypermax III's. The HKS coilovers are far better quality, give much more/better adjustment and a lot lighter, but are more expensive.

Problem with those is there's no real experience with them yet on UK roads (theres only one customer that I know of that has them), and certainly no longevity testing as they are very new.

Personally I'd go with RS-R's - ask jevansio what he thinks of his :)

Gaz.

Problem with those is there's no real experience with them yet on UK roads (theres only one customer that I know of that has them), and certainly no longevity testing as they are very new.

Personally I'd go with RS-R's - ask jevansio what he thinks of his :)

Gaz.

Got a price for them Gaz

I can do a full suspension and geo set up, but, and i am being brutally honest here, it's a waste of your money, as you could have Lotus make springs and dampers for the thing and it would still handle like a dog. It's a bit like having size 9 feet, buying size 14 shoes, and then saying what socks would go nicely with them? ;)

I can do a full suspension and geo set up, but, and i am being brutally honest here, it's a waste of your money, as you could have Lotus make springs and dampers for the thing and it would still handle like a dog. It's a bit like having size 9 feet, buying size 14 shoes, and then saying what socks would go nicely with them? ;)

:D

Chris - Does that mean that you can't help someone with 18" wheels and Tein SS make their car feel stable at speed?

I know for a fact that my Geo is all over the place as I can see more camber on one wheels than the other... surely a geo setup by yourself would improve things like tyre wear, cornering ability and less 'shaking' at higher speeds?

well i have 19x12" wheels on the rear and 19x9.5" on the front i had my setup done by TDI with my new Hks all i can say is my car handles perfect i can hit high speeds without any shacking etc

Without wishing to sound harsh, but given the choice of asking Chris for his opinion as to whether a car handles well or asking you? Well...;)

As Gaz says got the RS-R's on mine & I'm well chuffed with them. I had Cuscos on my old MR2 and they shattered your teeth, my lass & my mates hated being in the car. These RS-R's firm things up great without being too harsh, I've had people in the car & they don't even realise it's got coilovers on. 36 way damper adjustment (or somewhere around there), and the height of the unit can be adjusted without affecting the dampers operating range.

Bit more info on them here

Chris - Does that mean that you can't help someone with 18" wheels and Tein SS make their car feel stable at speed?

I know for a fact that my Geo is all over the place as I can see more camber on one wheels than the other... surely a geo setup by yourself would improve things like tyre wear, cornering ability and less 'shaking' at higher speeds?

I can set a car up on 20 inch wheels, but being the sort of guy that tends to call a spade a shovel I always warn people that the car will be better on a smaller rim, correct offset, near stock width, et cetera. For sure I can set yours up on that set up, no problem :) I just like to see them working optimally, but so many of you insist on following fashion, rather than the textbook ;)