The mkiv Supra Owners Club

HELP - Need O Ring for UK Brake Calipers

Fargo

Just found out after pumping brake fluid through my (about to be fitted) UK spec front calipers that an O Ring that fits between the two halves has been crushed (by my own fair hands), Rang Steve Manley and he has not got this part listed.

So what i need is a washer (2mm thick square edged, 12.5 OD x 10.5 ID. and that is suitable for brake fluid.

Or a UK front caliper in and condition as long as its got the washers.

HEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelpppp

07022008369.jpg

07022008368.jpg

Paul, Toyota sell a complete overhaul kit for the calipers which will include the part you need. You should be able to pick one up from your local dealer if you need urgently, the part number are

04479-14130 Rear Brake Caliper Overhaul Kit

04479-14140 Front Brake Caliper Overhaul Kit

If you have any trouble I can supply these for a good price, but would take a few week to order.

Toyota sell a complete overhaul kit for the calipers which will include the part you need. You should be able to pick one up from your local dealer if you need urgently, the part number are

04479-14130 Rear Brake Caliper Overhaul Kit

04479-14140 Front Brake Caliper Overhaul Kit

is that the same as the kit you sent me Nic, if so it doesn't have that part in it.

Yes it will be Col, sorry I thought it would include all the seals.

Nope sadly not. i don't think Toyota has the provision for the calipers being taken apart, i looked through the EPC and couldn't find any.

Just a thought but would one of the injector o rings be the right size ?

yeh Mr Manley looked at the EPC, and its not listed, Colin, what are the dimensions of the injector rings, are they square edged (but i guess that not really a problem, a seal is a seal) and will they be suitable material.

hi mate, there is a hose and fitting shop 2 mins from Phoenix, maybe they might have something?

yeh Mr Manley looked at the EPC, and its not listed, Colin, what are the dimensions of the injector rings, are they square edged (but i guess that not really a problem, a seal is a seal) and will they be suitable material.

I don't know bud. try asking one of the kind souls here if they could measure them:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=139510