The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I need someone to take me out in a N/A Supra....

Guest Bailey

Im having problems deciding on what car to buy in the next couple of months (hopefully). Ive narrowed it down to an R33 GTS-T Skyline or a Supra SZ (manual). I love any skyline to bits but the R33 GTS-T in standard form looks quite ugly to be honest and for the same kind of money i could get a decent SZ which is a lot easier on the eyes...

Bottom line is...

I need to see if i can survive with the lack of grunt from a turbo...

:search:

Guest Nicholas
Im having problems deciding on what car to buy in the next couple of months (hopefully). Ive narrowed it down to an R33 GTS-T Skyline or a Supra SZ (manual). I love any skyline to bits but the R33 GTS-T in standard form looks quite ugly to be honest and for the same kind of money i could get a decent SZ which is a lot easier on the eyes...

Bottom line is...

I need to see if i can survive with the lack of grunt from a turbo...

:search:

pm Linda (Turbonut) she has a nice SZ and is from the west midlands :)

Probably help if you said where in the West Midlands you are, it's a big area ;).

Hall Green, birmingham :p sorry.

Dare I say, if those are your purchasing criteria, buy a TT Supra - best of both worlds? They're cheaper than you think!

:looney:

I dont think im quite ready for a TT yet...mainly due to running costs / insurance etc. If i had a TT id be far too tempted to single it and go a bit mad so im after an N/A for a daily driver really.

Im only 21 you see so insurance isnt going to be that great on either. I had a 300bhp 200sx S14 previously, but sold that so i could save some money and now im running a GT TDi golf.

But im nearly in a position to get something half decent again.

If you've already had a 300HP RWD car, I can't see the Supra being a problem. Insurance isn't much cheaper on the NA than a TT and both should be cheaper than the Skyline. Running costs not massively different either... so long as nothing goes wrong! The insurance hike should be enough deterent to going single!

:looney:

I dont think im quite ready for a TT yet...mainly due to running costs / insurance etc. If i had a TT id be far too tempted to single it and go a bit mad so im after an N/A for a daily driver really.

Im only 21 you see so insurance isnt going to be that great on either. I had a 300bhp 200sx S14 previously, but sold that so i could save some money and now im running a GT TDi golf.

dude im only 21 and i got a TT, insurance aint bad at all

I've experienced both of these cars. Had a Soop N/A Manual for about 8 months but eventualy the lack of power drove me mad!!! So I sold up and now I have a R33 GTS-T.

Firstly, the insurance didn't budge (maybe +/- £20)

Secondly, until you get into a Skyline you'll never really appreciate the build quality of the Supra.

Finally, it's until you own a GTS-T for a while you'll never really appreciate the reliability of the Supra.

Yes GTS-T's are much quicker without a doubt but in terms of build quality (both structural and mechanical), looks and presence I truly believe the Supra wins hand down!

That is why I am missing mine so much:(

I love any skyline to bits but the R33 GTS-T in standard form looks quite ugly to be honest and for the same kind of money i could get a decent SZ which is a lot easier on the eyes...

I agree. I like the fact that the NA supra looks the same (to the untrained eye) as a TT, e.g. same size wheels etc.

But as others have said, weigh up what you save by not having a TT supra. The difference may not be as much as you think.

hi :)

I'll be around for some of this weekend, away all next weekend but your more than welcome to come for a spin ;) let me know

Check out my garage for pics and spec

Linda

much appreciated :D ill let you know

dude im only 21 and i got a TT, insurance aint bad at all

who you with for insurance? Greenlight offered me a not bad quote on a GTS-T fully comp....

I've experienced both of these cars. Had a Soop N/A Manual for about 8 months but eventualy the lack of power drove me mad!!! So I sold up and now I have a R33 GTS-T.

Firstly, the insurance didn't budge (maybe +/- £20)

Secondly, until you get into a Skyline you'll never really appreciate the build quality of the Supra.

Finally, it's until you own a GTS-T for a while you'll never really appreciate the reliability of the Supra.

Yes GTS-T's are much quicker without a doubt but in terms of build quality (both structural and mechanical), looks and presence I truly believe the Supra wins hand down!

That is why I am missing mine so much:(

kinda sums it up for me really... :)

Just got an insurance quote out of interest on a TT:

greenlight insurance over the internet on a 95 RZ TT Import. Im 21, 3 points, declared a cat back exhaust and air filter as an example. Fully comp - £1260.

not too bad i thought. Havent tried an N/A because im too impressed with the TT figure...