The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Wheel spacers, Always tacky?

Blackie

I was thinking about spacers at one point to fill the arches a little better, what I had was good, but they needed just a little bit more. I got some slightly wider tyres and they fill the arches perfect now (they are a different design sidewall profile though), went from 265 F1's to 295 R888's, not saying you should get some R888's just there may be other options than spacers.

I was thinking about spacers at one point to fill the arches a little better, what I had was good, but they needed just a little bit more. I got some slightly wider tyres and they fill the arches perfect now (they are a different design sidewall profile though), went from 265 F1's to 295 R888's, not saying you should get some R888's just there may be other options than spacers.

What width are your wheels too fit such a large size...?

10" bud, I used an online width calculator and 295's were the largest you can fit on a 10" rim, plus 295/30/19 are the only size I could get on the back in 888s so it was that or nothing.

Here's a pic:

http://www.imotors.co.uk/temp/jay/02-02-2008/Img_1815.jpg

I see, this would be the best idea, as it would improve grip and make the car look nice, I wonder what I could get on mine. Mine are also 10" but are 17's would this make a difference..?

Nothing wrong with decent quality H&R Hubcentric spacers. Commonly run on many cars (particualrly drift cars which are driven extremely hard). Ive run 25mm H&R spacers and had no problems whatsoever.

However, stay well clear of cheap ebay spacers - many people have experienced stud failure with them

Hope this helps

The H&R spacers are TUV certified, so you can run them on your car with confidence.

Obviously wider wheels are a better option, but unfortunately not everybody can budget for this