The mkiv Supra Owners Club

ebay - a scammers tale !

Steviegeeza

A week or so before Christmas I see a set of glass headlights on ebay, the seller is a guy

calling himself toyotaracingdevelopements with 100% feedback rating of 150.

I set up a snipe and win the auction for £176.01 + £20 p+p. Hurrah, I think I wont bother

trying to fit the clear lenses I bought off suprattgaz which look great but look tough to fit.:)

Mr toyotaracingdevelopements will not let me pick up and pay cash, which starts to make me

feel slightly uncomfortable :rolleyes: from the point of postman Pat breaking them on route, but also as

there is a line in the auction which states that the seller does not accept responsibillity for loss

during postage!

But I send my cheque for £196, he will not take paypal, and request that he insures the shipment for

£200 and sends me a tracking number, the cheque is cashed on 24th Dec.

Mr toyotaracingdevelopements mails me on the 1st Jan and says he will post the lights the next day.

After a week nothing turns up so I mail him and he says they have been sent and should be with me.:search:

This goes on for a while and I start asking him to check it out with the post office where he posted

them as if they are lost in the post I will want a refund and he will have to claim against the

post office. He says he is going to check with the post office and thats the last sensible

communication I get out of him.:(

I start a ebay dispute for non delivery and give him every opportunity to provide details of postal

insurance and proof of postage telling him that he has got the wrong person if he thinks I am just

going to kiss goodbye to nearly £200, :no: he accuses me of recieving the lights and trying to scam a refund ! :wtf:

I tell him that I will take him to court ( small claims ) report him to the ebay trust and safety dept post

negative feedback and post details of this incident of the forums of which I am a member.:spank:

No Reply until I post negative feedback then he posts this on my feedback

- SCAMMER-RECEIVED LIGHTS AND TRIED TO CLAIM MONEY BACK>AVOID THIS AR5EWIPE TWAT!!

Seller:toyotaracingdevelopments ( 156 )

04-Feb-08 11:12

Reply by steviegeeza (04-Feb-08 11:26):

Paid this character £196. Item never sent no communication. CU in court !

Toyota Supra MKiv UK SPEC GLASS HEADLIGHTS (pair) NR! (#360003966850)

I'm going to set off the small claim today and I'm going to take advice as to whether I can get him for

defamation of character! :mad:

And the moral of this story is - if you suspect that someone is an arse, as I did when Mr Dangerfield

would not let me pickup and pay cash, then steer well clear!

I've bought lots of stuff off ebay in the last 6 years but this is the really first time I've been ripped off

by more than a few quid.

The thought of those shiny glass lights got the better of me this time.

And if you'r reading this Mr Andy Dangerfield of Bracknell you can still sort this out before it gets to court

just send me an email. The time it will take me to drag you through court is worth much more than the £200

but its a matter of principle now.:duel:

Good luck but a waste of time if you ask me pal. By the time you have paid court fees (and then fees so that you can enforce your judgement) it will cost you more than you lost.

Other (and best) method is to pop round to his address and ask nicely for your money back.

Oh and report the instance to your bank, the police (it's fraud) and if possible find where your cheque was cashed and write to his bank manager informing him that their client is committing fraud using their account.

p.s. never pay with anything but paypal.

go for it dude! damn these scammers!! i guess this doesnt help now, but only use paypal as u can claim back up to £500. ive hads smthing nver sent but it was was like for a cupla quid i just forgot it. but def fight this cos i hate ppl who think they can pull a fast one over legit ppl!

oh yeh and punch him!

if you have is home address, and you do go round dont do anything stupid as the chances are he could have yours and do something stupid in return if you know what i mean.

i had the same trouble with a motorbike chain guard for my honda c90 beast and they never delivered the item, im only talking about £20 here but its still the principle that they have taken your money.

i wanted to rip his balls off stick em in his mouth and kick him in the chin :sly:but hey s*it happens.

i informed ebay and got my money back 3 months later.:yahoo:

but in your case paying by cheque i dont know how you will be able to do so

gav