The mkiv Supra Owners Club

TOYOTA Main Dealer

SILKYSMOOTH

I just went down to my Local Toyota Main Dealer to order some new anti-squeal shims, so should have them in a couple of days, also booked in for my service.

These guys take such good care of my car, last year they did it and it was a superb service.

Last week some idiot parked there car next to mine and scratched my rear arch, so they are going to buff it out and polish it too amongst other things.

I am really pleased with the service they provide and I can't wait to take it in. I was just about to go and buy some more T'cut & polish etc, and he said not to worry they will take care of it all and give us a list of everything you need and we will try and get it sorted.

So I am not going to spend any extra money buying anything from Halfrauds and just wait to take it in a few weeks time, can't wait

Anti squeal shims only cost £11 including the vat. Sweet

bet thats cost some for a service by toyota but like you said i bet they do a good job what toyota garage do you go to.

Anti squeal shims ? what are they

Last year service only cost £185 and they also wax oiled the car and gave it a full safety check which come out 100% no faults. This year it will be a little more but it's going to be worth it. As I will have some other fluids changed. They really do check every small detail, and Im going to have the same guy do this year as he recommended.

Toyota (Lookers) in Romford

Anti squeal shims - they are metal plates/shims which go over the brake pads to stop them squealing, I realised I had none on the front but do have on the back.

The amount they charge, they best do a good job!

I have to drag myself into my dealer at times for the odd part, listening to the amount of money they extract from people who take their cars in makes me go pale!

They are also very kind and add £10 an hour to their labour rates if your cars an import.....

Having said that mine gives me 10% off parts for being a member on here :D

Write down the mileage on a sticky note and stick it to the dashboard ;)

I don't mind if they take it for a cruise, they did last year to make sure it was all okay and got the thumbs up.;)

Plus I get my Toyota Service Book stamped by a Main Dealer which has to count for something, forgot to mention, I do get a discount too because the car is an import and its over 10 years old.

I've not had a problem with them looking after mine either, but I guess it helps the experience if you have a UK spec. Sure there are cheaper and there are also more costly places to go, but compared with the charges other places impose on you its not too bad.