The mkiv Supra Owners Club

hi all, looking for supra

Guest beefycol

Guest beefycol

hi all new to the site,

have been a member of forums be4, i am going to be buying a supra twin turbo in the near future, (5months when insurance is up) not a import tho as they are to high on insurance, anyone know why?

i fell i love with the car when i was young begged my dad toget one, he did after a few years and it was amazing, it was silver aero top, twin turbo, leather seats, chipped, tuned to 400bhp, 20 inchs alloys, upgraded suspenion and it had a electric spoiler that come down at the front,

ive been looking for a simler car but cant find any with a electric front spoiler that comes down, have you seen them before? what moddels are they on?

col

Hi there Mr Beefy, welcome aboard.

Lots of the cars come with the active (electric) front spoiler - all of the UK cars you are looking for should have them unless the owner has removed or disabled it to fit a large front mounted intercooler.

Imports do tend to be more expensive to insure but shop around, a lot of companies are more willing to offer policies of a similar price, usually those that understand the cars a little better rather than the big generic call centres.

One thing to take into consideration is that a UK car will generally cost more than an import so what you save in insurance costs could be eaten up by the extra outlay. Also if you are looking for something specific, a black UK manual for example, you may have to wait a while for a nice example to come up for sale.

Take some time to read up on the information available on here:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=69

Use the search button too, you should find answers to most of the common questions.

Good luck with your hunt for the right car.

Hi there Mr Beefy, welcome aboard.

Lots of the cars come with the active (electric) front spoiler - all of the UK cars you are looking for should have them unless the owner has removed or disabled it to fit a large front mounted intercooler.

Imports do tend to be more expensive to insure but shop around, a lot of companies are more willing to offer policies of a similar price, usually those that understand the cars a little better rather than the big generic call centres.

One thing to take into consideration is that a UK car will generally cost more than an import so what you save in insurance costs could be eaten up by the extra outlay. Also if you are looking for something specific, a black UK manual for example, you may have to wait a while for a nice example to come up for sale.

Take some time to read up on the information available on here:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=69

Use the search button too, you should find answers to most of the common questions.

Good luck with your hunt for the right car.

Who are you and what have you done with our Michael?

Guest beefycol

thanks alot for the warm welcome. thanks for clearing the front spoiler question up for me. im keeping my eye out, im doing my research before i buy, rushed into getting my last car and regreted it, will do some research on some imports too

Guest beefycol
welcome aboard mate!

What are you looking for exactly, and how old are you for insurance reasons?

im twenty one in may, have 4 years no claims in sept, had insurance quote on twin turbos, which what im looking for, aslong as it aint a import the insurance aint high.

and the car i have atm is a new vectra 2.2 sri.