The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Serviced car Yesterday

steb9780

I serviced the car today, and it feels much better now, the main reason being the Power steering, I didn't realise how heavy it had got. There was also like a fizzing noise (which I assume was trapped wind ;)) So I bled the air out and the steering is much better now, and the noise has all but gone too.

Although I did manage to get fluid everywhere after somebody said bleed it with the engine running in a post I dug up. So I took the cap off and managed to get it all over. Got the cap back on though quickly though so spillage was minimal. I bled it in the end with the ignition on and turning the wheels lock-to-lock about 30 times.

The gear change also feels better too, Although I didn't change the box fluid. I did top-up the clutch fluid and drained and re-filled the diff. Could thid make it feel better?

I must admit that my arms are sore though trying to get that damn oil filter off.

Anyway I stuck Silkolene Pro S 10w50 oil in, Powere enterprise oil filter, topped up clutch fluid, topped up radiator, changed diff oil for Motul 300v (IIRC), bled PAS fluid and topped up with Castrol stuff.

I also checked all the sub-frame bolts and mine seemed fine (car is on about 78k.

The only setback I had was that I left the ignition on while bleeding the PAS fluid, while I picked my daughter up from school. The begger was flat as a pancake by the time I got back and realised. :D

Took about 4/5 hours on and off. I took it easy, so that I did it right.

I also give it a wash in that time.

I got the oil from a bloke at work (works for Fuchs) got 20 litres of Pros 10w50 for £43 (chucked the guy £60 to keep him sweet).

Power Enterprise filter - £16,

2 x 1litres of Motul 300v diff oil - £24,

250ml clutch top fluid - £3.00

1 litre castrol PAS fluid - £6.99,

2 litres of pre-mixed Halfords coolant (didn't really need this) - £7.99