The mkiv Supra Owners Club

paint code needed RSP

TrevS

Hi there

Does anyone know the paintcode for an RSP supra? Mine is a facelift 96 (p reg) NA model.

Also I have seen a bumper for sale but the guy selling it says its cool water blue. He says its from a facelift 96 supra so is this a stock supra colour, I have never heard of it?

Thanks

Do the bumpers have any colour code on them? If so I can get the guy to check the original stamp

I wouldn't have thought so. They come from Toyota as spares primed not coloured I believe, so that would lead you to think the same about manufacturing time?

Even if it was the same colour, chances are it may not match totally anyway due to the different care people take, garaged, left in sun light etc. All has its wear on the shade of the paint.

I may be wrong of course.

I wouldn't have thought so. They come from Toyota as spares primed not coloured I believe, so that would lead you to think the same about manufacturing time?

Even if it was the same colour, chances are it may not match totally anyway due to the different care people take, garaged, left in sun light etc. All has its wear on the shade of the paint.

I may be wrong of course.

Not always.. Rear bumpers for instance are ordered with a colour code, I remember when Stevie_B got a replacement toyota shipped an MSB rear.

Hi there

Does anyone know the paintcode for an RSP supra? Mine is a facelift 96 (p reg) NA model.

Also I have seen a bumper for sale but the guy selling it says its cool water blue. He says its from a facelift 96 supra so is this a stock supra colour, I have never heard of it?

Thanks

Surely if you drive round there a match/otherwise will be pretty obvious?

Your paint code is on your VIN plate - his will be too but if it's been resprayed (and it sounds like he won't know the answer to that question) then it means jack, so I'm wondering how you'll find out if it really is RSP or not without going & looking. :search:

Well the bumper for sale is from a body shop and all i know is that it has come from a 96 supra. As mine has faded I am either thinking of trying to get this one as cheap as I can hoping it will match or it will have to be a full respray which is looking likely to be £200.

Any ideas of how much I should be looking to pay for a front bumper?

So best bet is to get it resprayed and blended?

Given the age of the cars these days, as Pete has said the colour is an unknown. I know paint technology is good but it isn't good enough not to show 10-15 years of use. If it was me and I do, I always take the car to my paint supplier and get him to match it rather than just order a can of colour code paint.

So best bet is to get it resprayed and blended?

I would say a 100% yes.

Even if it's been resprayed you're relying on the paint mix to be correct. It's like buying wallpaper from the same batch number. I wouldn't suggest you wall paper your car though.

A good paintshop can colour match what's there (as you suggest)

He's based in the midlands somewhere so might be worth a trip to take a look at the bumper this weekend if he still has it. You never know it might match up, but if doesn't then a respray it is

If he's near Telford I could perhaps see for you?

:rlol:

It's one of those colours that looks totally different under certain light.

It looks too blue and no purple to me.

Hehehe, the only time I've seen RSP was the folded up VVTi I bought to do my transplant so it was a little dirty and probably not a straight panel to get a decent view of the colour :p

Here is a picture of my car I took at the weekend. You can hardly notice the colour difference from most angles but looking at the car straight on and its very obvious that the bumper doesn't match.

Its driving me nuts, need to get it sorted ASAP

weekend-pic.jpg