The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyone Know a good auto electrician? Cobra alarm issues

razza

I'm soo close to getting back on the road it's painful...

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=139273

the car cranks but doesn't start, there's no power going from the ignition barrel to the ECU. It's a Cobra 7928, one of the most reliable I'm told, however it's not working.

The doors lock, the alarm works, just can't start the bloody thing. This has been bypassed with 12v to the ECU, which started the car, but then it died.

Does this mean it has another connection to the injectors/fueling as well?

Recommendations for auto electricians that know these alarms in the Hook/Hampshire area please

I'm having the worst luck, looks like it's buggered and going to have to take it to a Cobra fitting place.

Just when I thought my luck was about to change, as the guys down at ToyotaGT worked their arses off to try and get this ready and back on the road for me as soon as, alas not to be....:taped:

I wasn't going to post anything about it until it was sorted, as I didn't want to jinx it, waste of bloody time that was...

I'll give a full report of work done and a review of these guys once it's finished, but needless to say I couldn't fault them so far, and have certainly shown great patience with me and the hassles I've had over this. Top blokes in my opinion and a welcome addition to this forum.

Now where's that bus I need to get:search: