The mkiv Supra Owners Club

new member so be gentle

john karl

I have just bought a stock supra twin turbo, and have joined the forum , as this is the place where you can get advice, advice you can trust.I have had loads of mk3 turbos but 70% of these have had to be rebuilt due to big end failure, have always wanted a tt but they have been just out of my reach until now, anyhow a bit about my car , it is a jap import twin turbo with 80,000 miles on the clock , runs great and no rust , what should be the first thing i should do, ie oil filter, cam belt . some specs would be handy, i know that it has about 280 bhp and might look to improve on this in the future , have worked on cars for 25 years so not as young as i used to be, have also had bikes since i was 17 ,just sold my last one [gsxr 1100] anyway it is nice to meet you and look forward to posting in the future

Hi John, welcome aboard.

When you become a full member you have access to Members Downloads which includes the full servicing schedule from Toyota.

[edit] - Oh, maybe you don't need to be a member to access this after what Steve has posted?

First thing I did on all my Supras if no evidence supplied was oil/filter/plugs, air filter, coolant inspection soon followed by g/box and diff fluid inspections.

Welcome to the club John :thumbs:

Congratulations on your new purchase, any :Pics:

You sound as though you have quite a bit of experience, will you be working on the car yourself? If you are then you may find these links useful

http://www.turbosupras.com/pages/en/pages/specifications/JZA80/a80tsrm.htm

Another version on my public folder here

http://homepage.mac.com/importpimp/

Has the car had any obvious modifications, post pics if you're not sure so we can give it a look over. I would personally get the car on a ramp and give it a thorough inspection, suspension components may be getting a bit tired after that mileage.

In terms of performance mods, have a read here -> BPU