The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Prices of Supras in the Summer - BIG difference or not??

Pabs

Hey all,

Got yet another set back on the Supra purchase fund, so my potential ownership will be delayed until the Summer.

I'm planning on purchasing around May/June time now.

I know prices of the Aerotops will be affected, but do you think the hardtop supra prices will increase a lot due to the better weather?

Or is this just a misconception, and prices will remain the same, or decrease due to having yet more imported etc.

Thanks

thanks.

But is it a BIG / noticable difference? I mean, are we talking a few hundred notes, or a couple of grand?

I know it's a hard question to answer - as there is no real science and it depends on the seller etc, but I'm currently seeing pretty good TT's being sold for around 8-9k, and I want to know if a similar car in the summer is going to be much more or not.

It's interesting as I see lots of threads/posts saying that the seller should wait until the summer (ok mainly aerotop sales) because they demand more money - but if it meant keeping a car for another 6months for only a few hundred it'd hardly be worth it.

Of course I want to pick up a nice one as cheap as possible (don't we all) so hopefully a budget of around 11k will get me one :D

the jap market wont change and its getting harder to find supras in japan..

the uk market is a different story as there is plenty of good ones and plenty and plenty of dogs.

Jurgen - roughly how long does it take you to import a supra... it's around 3 months, right? (private import)

Because if I've got enough money come March/April for a deposit, I could then get you to bring me one just in time :)

Don't think it's particular to the Supras mate, I think motor trade is generally depressed this time of year - large factors would be people are skint after christmas and the crappy weather plays a part.

good point ref xmas mate, didn't think of that as well. I just blamed the weather and people not wanting to drive a supra/fast car, and so selling it.

8-12 weeks from buying in japan to being otr uk in peak shipping season feb to sept.

cool, about what I can remember from Lukes import he got from you. Only trouble is it's about 350 miles from me to you! it's a long walk without a car HAHA

lol i will pick you up from train station or airport:d

do you not remember what happened last time??? lol

We tried the whole train route - got to london, missed out onward bus journey, then had to go home and drive up the following day! lol......