The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Disconnect Battery when on Holiday?

boombastictiger

Why not use a solar trickle charger, just plugs into the cigar socket and keeps the battery topped up. Cost about 15 squid. :)

If its not locked in a garage that would work. Personally i would buy a Optimate Trickle charger. They can be left on for months at a time.

umm, i dont mean to be dumb but when u say let the ecu re learn itself, thats basically going to be done without me doing anything other than driving right?, and i take it the clock you mean as in the time clock in the car :D?

Yes mate, just get in it and drive it. After 10-20 mins of driving it will be sorted. :)

Oh and yes the clock in the car :D

ive got 950 mate like i said best part of a year being diconnected , only think happens is there is no noise from alarm siren for a do or so as it takes bit of ime to charge up from main battery, also if you have dual zone warning bllep they may get bit out but they can be reset via remote as far as i no... you may need to disaerm alarm first via fob then remove battery as will play up until siren power dies out , howver may be able to do it after battery is out

ive got 950 mate like i said best part of a year being diconnected , only think happens is there is no noise from alarm siren for a do or so as it takes bit of ime to charge up from main battery, also if you have dual zone warning bllep they may get bit out but they can be reset via remote as far as i no... you may need to disaerm alarm first via fob then remove battery as will play up until siren power dies out , howver may be able to do it after battery is out

Normally when i disconnect the battery when im working on my car, the alarm totally cuts out, fob doesnt work or anything, If i disconnected the battery and locked the car via the door lock, should be ok right?

Unless i leave the battery connected and just lock the car with the keys..the immob would still on but not the alarm..