The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Best Quality Exh Manifold

bolarbag

I'm looking for a good quality Exh Manifold, preferably with an option to have Vband flanges for the Turbo Exh connections, its for a single turbo application, responsive and powering an output between 500-600bhp

Pos turbos getting used Garret GT35R Gt4088R (probably both)

something that can aint gonna take a year to make

no xs ones

and the boost logic dont tickle my fancy either

whats the others?

Traders feel free to pm prices

I just did a search and seen the turbonetics manifold that arnouts was apparently based on, it looks very much like the phr street manifold, which is quite restrictive when increasing boost in bigger turbos, who has had experience with arnouts mani? I'd be worried about going for a mani without any R&D at all, although I acknowledge sometimes enthusiasts can come up with better ideas

My main option(and probably still is) Full Race, but they have like a 6week backlog plus shipping time, and they have 2wastegate ports (I assume for bigger horsepower applications), one 50mm wastegate should be sufficient for me

If you want a quality custom manifold you can try Hayward and Scott, they are not cheap but they are very good, google them for more info.

Arnout manifold on the left, Induction Motorsport on the right which is modified turbonetics.

Arnout manifold assembled with turbo and downpipe

The "finish" on the BL manifold in that picture is that of coating material for temperatures/heat. The picture may or may not help but Boost Logic manifolds have proven themselves on major hp builds here in the states.

I personally run Virtual Works Racing products on my car.

At any rate, let me know if you have questions on the turbos or manifolds you have mentioned. I have experience with all of it.

The "finish" on the BL manifold in that picture is that of coating material for temperatures/heat. The picture may or may not help but Boost Logic manifolds have proven themselves on major hp builds here in the states.

I personally run Virtual Works Racing products on my car.

At any rate, let me know if you have questions on the turbos or manifolds you have mentioned. I have experience with all of it.

Gorgeous stuff.:)

Arnouts cast iron one would be my choice, no question at all.

same here, although if you cant get hold of one, contact full race, I believe they offer full refunds on cracked tubular manifolds should something go wrong!

at a true 600bhp arnouts may run out of flow but not 100% on that, I guess it would need testing, I believe simon b was fitting a t67 up on his last time he was on here so could be around that figure once he has finished

If I remember there around 400ish, I picked mine up second hand for 300 which was a good price and picked up wastegate return pipes/downpipe and flanges separately for around another 150/200

I thought the reasoning behind Arnouts manifold was to allow for bigger turbos like the BL67, he also improved the wastegate port by having a larger opening with thicker walls and a 3 bolt flange.

The turbonetics wastegate port is far from ideal as it is small and only uses a 2 bolt flange.

I thought the reasoning behind Arnouts manifold was to allow for bigger turbos like the BL67, he also improved the wastegate port by having a larger opening with thicker walls and a 3 bolt flange.

The turbonetics wastegate port is far from ideal as it is small and only uses a 2 bolt flange.

You could be right wez, I know the wastegate port on arnout was made biggers and runners were slightly bigger in diameter, I just dont think I would be brave enough to test it out with a large turbo. Simon B is the best fella to ask, he is runnig the biggest turbo so far on the manifold....im not sure of anyone else running anything bigger in the UK? im sure if he sees this he will post up

Did somebody call? ;) I have indeed got a T67DBB on Arnout's manifold. It made 625bhp on Owen development's dyno while being mapped last summer. That was on a built engine, but it had no head-work as such. I got the feeling that was about the limit, both of a standard head and also probably the manifold/pipework.

I'm currently rebuilding by old engine to swap in and that's going to get a ported head. I'll may well switch to a slightly bigger A/R exhaust housing too, so I'm trying to decide at the moment whether to stick with the cast manifold or go for a tubular one (probably a HKS). Haven't quite decided yet.

I like Arnouts, looks very much oem quality, very good price, but I'm put off being restricted when upgrading turbos in the future,

I do want a responsive setup, but using a GT35R with a good quality mani should be responsive enough, the power would be too much down low with a mani like Arnouts I suspect,

I think its gonna be full race, I'm awaiting a quote, with a mani like that changing turbo setups with Vbands would be pretty quick, and with a couple pre defined maps should give me a good all round powerful sup

Did somebody call? ;) I have indeed got a T67DBB on Arnout's manifold. It made 625bhp on Owen development's dyno while being mapped last summer. That was on a built engine, but it had no head-work as such. I got the feeling that was about the limit, both of a standard head and also probably the manifold/pipework.

I'm currently rebuilding by old engine to swap in and that's going to get a ported head. I'll may well switch to a slightly bigger A/R exhaust housing too, so I'm trying to decide at the moment whether to stick with the cast manifold or go for a tubular one (probably a HKS). Haven't quite decided yet.

I bet that goes well, any dyno graphs?:)