The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Mini Number Plates

Epic

my local old bill are alright, i used to have a vectra, used to drive round with just fog lights and angel eyes on all the time, had different size letters, font and even moved a letter over in the number plate lol. they never seemed to botherd and even got pulled in london by a sargent once for the same thing and he was more worryed about who fitted my wheels n said he would let me off the fogs been on

think alot of the time it comes down to who u get stoped by and what mood there in

is it legal to have a small one at the front and put your big one in the windscreen? is seen alot of people do that

ive had my 3/4 size plate for almost a year now and has never attracted any police attention... was ordered from http://www.fancyplates.com/ and just went on the original plate surround :D

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b343/patrikbrunt/27032007724.jpg

I got pulled by the filth the other day for having a plate that size as they're having a crack down on number plates at the minute, don't know if thats just Staffs police or a national thing though.

I'm fairly sure that it was just about legal with mine being an import but I couldn't be arsed to argue with them as they'd let me off the fine, so I just stuck a full size plate back on and it doesn't look too bad to be fair and it's one less thing to draw attention to yourself.

I wouldn't bother with a smaller plate - is it worth the hassle?

In fact, if I were a traffic copper I'd pull everyone I could who had non-regulation plates (provided it wasn't getting close to knocking off time or there wasn't something more serious happening at the time.)

If I was in a position where I could influence laws I'd also make it illegal to use a non-standard font (a real pet hate of mine), and I'd come down a lot harder on people who manipulated their letters and numbers inappropriately to make a "cool" word.