The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Track day tyres

colsoop

Best are Michelin Pilot Sport Cups, then the Pirelli P-Zero Corsa, and a distant third the R888 from Toyo, which are really too soft and have appalling wet weather grip, not that any of them have GOOD wet weather grip :) You need to have a dedicated geo set up to get the best from this sort of tyre. Dunlop do some, as do a few other makes, but the Dunlops are pretty soft. Best wear will be from Pilot Sport Cups on a properly set up suspension, on track, and they'll give the best grip. They are, needless to say, the most expensive of the bunch :) Once the geo is set for track usage road wear will be very iffy, as will tramlining and general noise and harshness.

what about a set of used slicks? see them on ebay every now and then.. any good and anyone know of a motorsport source?

I have a pair of rear pilots sport's may be worth getting a pair for the front...

Whats the deal with the sizes for slick tyres e.g 235/610 etc.

Dunlop formular r dj01 are very good, recently did donington on them and looking at the tread there`s hardly any wear, i think they`re a medium compound whereas r888 are soft as shite.

did you buy yours new? if so where and how much?? and how is the single build coming along chap?

Whats the deal with the sizes for slick tyres e.g 235/610 etc.

we think it's the outside diameter...?

let me know if you find a good source ;)

Dunlop formular r dj01 are very good, recently did donington on them and looking at the tread there`s hardly any wear, i think they`re a medium compound whereas r888 are soft as shite.

I looked at those before getting the Toyos too, there was a place in Reading that works on RX7s that could supply them, not bad prices either.

FYI i got a quote for stock sized michelin pilot sport cup from Black circles:

But note:

Michelin do not produce the Pilot Sport Cup in your front size, the closest being a 225/45/17. Prices are as follows;

2 X 225/45ZR17 MICHELIN PILOT SPORT CUP £ 430.06

2 X 255/40ZR17 MICHELIN PILOT SPORT CUP £ 358.68

+ Delivery £ 10.00

£ 798.74

But note:

Michelin do not produce the Pilot Sport Cup in your front size, the closest being a 225/45/17. Prices are as follows;

+ Delivery £ 10.00

£ 798.74

just realized i have an account with commercial tyres, they are getting back to me with prices, might help;)

But note:

+ Delivery £ 10.00

£ 798.74

Bloody hell, thats alot of wonga for tyres,:)