The mkiv Supra Owners Club

castrol supra?

essexgt4

• 5 years later...
Guest Arcadiahouse

Hi mate is your castrol toms replica for sale?? If not where did you actually purchase the stickers from? Can't find them to save my life!lol

Hi mate is your castrol toms replica for sale?? If not where did you actually purchase the stickers from? Can't find them to save my life!lol

If you have a look at the post date you'll see it is from 2008.

Quite sad to see a post from CJ who is no longer with us :(

The one in Dr Dooms picture is not a race car. It was originally a UK spec Supra, owned by Toyota UK for Press work. It was loaned to the now non existant Redline magazine to make it into a marketing tool. It wears a Veilside kit, but the graphics were originally the type supplied for the Castrol Toms Supra JGTC car, and were adapted to fit the smaller stock Supra body. I guess they've probably been replaced by now though.

like others, my heart jumped for a second when I saw CJ had posted :(

The one in Dr Dooms picture is not a race car. It was originally a UK spec Supra, owned by Toyota UK for Press work. It was loaned to the now non existant Redline magazine to make it into a marketing tool. It wears a Veilside kit, but the graphics were originally the type supplied for the Castrol Toms Supra JGTC car, and were adapted to fit the smaller stock Supra body. I guess they've probably been replaced by now though.

I wish he was still around, was such a great man and a big heart :(

That UK Spec car is still around, saw it a couple of months ago at the 20th anniversary meet, parked right in front of my car.

That UK Spec car is still around, saw it a couple of months ago at the 20th anniversary meet, parked right in front of my car.

http://blog.toyota.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/FSP_TOYOTA_SUPRA_20th_073-2.jpg

Yeah, I forgot to say that it was then returned to Toyota, and they've had it ever since. It doesn't see the light of day that often, though it occasionally makes an appearance at shows and the Goodwood Festival of Speed. (Along side a remaining genuine Castrol Toms race car a few years ago :cool: )

:yeahthat:

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry but that chargespeed wing is HUGE!