The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bad time to sell?

Millsy

Had my Supra up for sale for a little bit now and hardly any interest.

Is it just a bad time of year to be selling? Bearing in mind I'm basically pricing it at the very bottom of twin turbo money territory and there's nothing wrong with it apart from a few bits of paintwork, plus it has a new Mot, I'm hoping that's the case. Any suggestions on why it's not selling would be appreciated. If it doesn't sell soon then I'm going to tax it and drive it as I hate having it just sat in my garage!

326571-1.jpg

326571-2.jpg

326571-3.jpg

Fair point - has anyone ever looked into lpg on a TT Supra? Maybe that's another post. Would probably keep it if I could get that done as need a more economical daily.

IIRC there are a few cars around with LPG already. They are usually stock or close to stock engines though.

I know a guy that has already put LPG on a twin turbo 2JZ albeit an aristo. It works perfectly and in fact produces more power on gas than petrol. He is GSW on the aristo forum if you are seriously interested. He lives in the midlands somewhere.

Oh BTW there is never a good time to sell!! Stick with it and advertise it in as many places as possible.

The fact it needs an MOT doesn't help at all.

It's got one! Did you look at the pistonheads ad? Its an old one. Put it through an MOT and passed with just two new tyres put on the back and an advisory on front wheel bearing. So it's only the no tax thing that might not help but could sort that as still insured.