The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Responsiveness of throttle pedal

cheekymonkey

OK, this might be me just being crap at controlling my car, or too spoiled by my drive-by-wire Audi, but I seem to be having real problems pulling away smoothly at the moment.

It seems like my throttle pedal is "lumpy", In the audi a gentle press will bring the revs up, but in the Supra it's almost an all-or-nothing type thing.

Example - Pulling away, I'll be in first with the clutch down. The revs dip as the clutch comes up, so I compensate as normal with some throttle, but I end up with either not enough, or too much and I end up sounding like a tit. I just don't seem to get the feather light control that I am used to.

I've noticed that I have a bit of slack in the throttle cable when the pedal isn't being pressed, so presumably there's a few mm of movement before I'm doing anything at all, is that normal?

Do throttle cables need greasing up or anything? Or do I just need to bloody learn to drive :D

I think the luxury of the audi is just pampering you too much lol.

You're probably right mate, lol. Perhaps I should sell it and buy something really crap then the supra will feel great :D

When was the last time your clutch was replaced?The symptoms are very similar to what I had before it went completely and had to shell out £££for an uprated one....Assuming yours is a manual;)

Clutch was just done by CW, hey maybe it's still bedding in...