The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What's the most scary thing that you've done in your supra?

spiderpigcity

i was going down the road tonight at about a ton, then a massive bang. lost all boost. turbos where spinning really loud and felt like i had about 100 bhp. i thought my turbos had shot out my exhaust and down the road, thats what it sounded like. rang my mate up in dispare. he said bring it round we will have a look. after 20 mins of checking every single hose and wire we found it. the pipe had come off the hks intercooler inside the drivers side wing. thank god for that. i thought i was in for a bill for 2 new turbos. anybody else had this before? anybody know what kind of pressure is going through the intercooler at full boost?

matt

most scary - The closest i came to crashing, after 6 months of ownership on my NA, Made a wrong turning last summer so U turned in a junction. booted it out as i was a bit pissed off and the rear stepped out... a long way. i recovered it ok but lifted off and it flipped back and my drivers side rear hit the curb and ripped the tyre off the rim. luckily it was a low 45deg curb so the car just bumped up onto the grass. Scared the shit out of me as it was hot and sunny at the time and i was going uphill.

Most fun - About a month ago i went to get a subway at 2am. It wasnt raining but it was damp, turned out of the sidestreet where i parked in my TT onto one of the main roads near the town center and accelerated gently. The rear stepped out and i went down the highstreat sideways for what felt like about 5 mins. But it was probably more like 3 seconds :p. I held it perfectly unfortunately the traction control kicked in and slowly braught it into line. :(