The mkiv Supra Owners Club

pistons.....which would you go for

_Shane_

I'm considering this very question myself at the moment.

The common options seem to be either

Jun (approx £1100)

CP (approx £500)

Stock

I'd love to go for the Jun's but am currently weighing up whether the money spent on them could possibly be better spent elsewhere, or if they are worth the investment. As has been mentioned, it's also worth getting decent rods, so it's a question of working out what your budget is and then going for the best comprimise that you can afford.

I thought they were the only aftermarket pistons that had oil squirters like the stockers????

The oil squirters aren't part of the piston, they are attached to the block and squirt oil up and under the crown of the piston. What the stock pistons have though is channels that channel the oil to cool the piston better.

Jun pistons and Carillo rods is what I've gone for on my old engine I'm rebuilding.

Tomei do a forged piston with an oil cooled under head gallery for RB26 engines, like the stock cast RB26 piston. Not sure if they offer anything similar for the MKIV. The oil cooled gallery pistons for the RB26 are VERY expensive though.

Tomei do pistons for the 2JZ with oil cooling also, some spiel here

http://www.tomei-p.co.jp/_2003web-catalogue/efr-set_piston_rset.html

• 7 months later...

Just bringing this thread back to life, although its not been asleep for that long :)

Just trying to decide myself what is best. The ones I am conserding are Wiseco and CP, aparently there is not much in it budget wise. After speaking to various technical people, some prefer CP where as others dont like them at all.

What are the main pros and cons for each. Im rebuilding my engine and it will be running 1.2 bar, its BPU and has Hybrid turbos. I will not be increasing pwer any more ie going single.

Thoughts please.