The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rev/speed comparisons

Axle

Those of you who have driven your Auto twin turbos at over 100mph (on private road/track ofcourse) what are your revs at roughly at around 100-120?

Mine was at around 5k at abit past 110mph and i thought that seemed quite high. Was like waiting for it to change gear but presumably it was in 4th already.

Those of you who have driven your Auto twin turbos at over 100mph (on private road/track ofcourse) what are your revs at roughly at around 100-120?

Mine was at around 5k at abit past 110mph and i thought that seemed quite high. Was like waiting for it to change gear but presumably it was in 4th already.

Daft question but you dont have the overdrive button pressed do you ?

Hmmmmm think im going to go have a try now.. I know the perfect private road to use.

I usually leave overdrive off by the way.

Do most of you leave it on?

I could be wrong but if you've got overdrive off you're not going to get into 4th gear.

I could be wrong but if you've got overdrive off you're not going to get into 4th gear.

I am getting confused now lol, you telling me I might have spend the last 2 months driving my car with overdrive off lol??

Is there a dashboard light indicating wether or not yours is on or off??

I am getting confused now lol, you telling me I might have spend the last 2 months driving my car with overdrive off lol??

Click on the overdrive link in your post and it explains everything.:)

whenever you are at about 60-70mph, have a play with the button and you'll soon tell, as it will change up and down each press............(i can't remember when the light lit - sorry:) )

LOL.

Whats the red button whats the red button!? :search:

Sorry... :imsorry:

Seriously.. what is it?

It's for pre-paid toll lanes in Japan. You press it at the toll and the barrier lifts automatically taking the cash from you pre-pay account.

Over here some people have adapted it so that they can take the car out of park with the engine off.

HTH