The mkiv Supra Owners Club

All is not lost after all....

supraspeed

just got a quote off one of my dad's mates who is fantastic at body repairs and after inspection its only panel damage and a new rear light casing and back window. £1500 cash to fix it which in my eyes is fantastic. so i'm going to get it fixed then sell it on once its finished. if anybody is interested in buying it in the future pm.

just got a quote off one of my dad's mates who is fantastic at body repairs and after inspection its only panel damage and a new rear light casing and back window. £1500 cash to fix it which in my eyes is fantastic. so i'm going to get it fixed then sell it on once its finished. if anybody is interested in buying it in the future pm.

Perhaps admitting the cost to repair wasnt such a great sales technique. Having said that though, i am never one to judge as article before its finished ;) may be just fine :thumbs:

A crashed damaged Supra repaired "on the cheap" will give that one a miss me thinks

are you implying this job is not being done by a pro because he's quoting me cash in hand.....? cos he's a mate of my dad and does all my dads vehicle repairs at work so he's doing me a favour by doing it much less than someone else would quote.

are you implying this job is not being done by a pro because he's quoting me cash in hand.....? cos he's a mate of my dad and does all my dads vehicle repairs at work so he's doing me a favour by doing it much less than someone else would quote.

Nope I am saying if I was buying the car I would much rather pay an extra £250 to have a receipt and it all above board and a warranty for the extensive work thats will be required. A car repaired cash in hand as a purchaser I would not touch with a 20ft pole.

A crashed damaged Supra repaired "on the cheap" will give that one a miss me thinks

As its only cosmetic damage and it would therefore appear to be structurally sound (?) that doesnt seem like an unrealistic price. I'm sure he wouldnt entrust his pride and joy to someone who would carry out a shoddy repair. Particularly as it's a singled supra and almost certainly had a substantial amount of money invested in it.

Some harsh responses there, perhaps best to wait until the repair is done before making judgements.

Just my 2p worth ;)

Hope you get it sorted and back on the road soon, maybe you wont want to sell it then :)

Linda

x

dont want to take it off topic but I just wondered how long you've been running a single setup with that 5 speed box & how do you find it?

other than that best of luck with the repairs & future sale ;)

for the few days after it had been fitted with the new getrag 5sp box (before the crash) its was running brilliantly- so much better than the old one anyway. 1st gear running on single has a massive lag, 2nd it spins, 3rd it spins, 4th it finally gets grip and 5th is just a joke speed wise...licence crippling. all in all for daily driving its a pain at first but then when you get used to it its fine, apart from the 1st gear lag. i was driving it a month before the old gearbox exploded, then took six months to get a new one and all other new transmission parts but well worth it. drove it 3 days before the crash

As its only cosmetic damage and it would therefore appear to be structurally sound (?) that doesnt seem like an unrealistic price. I'm sure he wouldnt entrust his pride and joy to someone who would carry out a shoddy repair. Particularly as it's a singled supra and almost certainly had a substantial amount of money invested in it.

Some harsh responses there, perhaps best to wait until the repair is done before making judgements.

Just my 2p worth ;)

Hope you get it sorted and back on the road soon, maybe you wont want to sell it then :)

Linda

x

No judgements just saying I would not buy it. As per my 2nd post

Having seen pics of the damage, and considering you will need a new rear wing, rear bumper, bootlid with glass and spoiler of some description, then even if you get the work done for free, its still going to be more than £1500.

Thats without all the work to be done under the skin that we cant see.

Im not having a go, just backing up what Ian R said, cheap repair is just that, a cheap repair!

Pay cheap pay twice and all that jazz