The mkiv Supra Owners Club

new battery replace by Halford

China Man

Sometime ago I bought a maintainece free battery from Halford, not sure how long ago because I did not keep the receipt.

Car struggle to start recently and I drove it to Halford today and told them the battery doesn't hold charge.

after 5 minutes check the guy told me could be a cell is dead and took a new one off the shelve for me. He did ask me if I have receipt but I said no. Thats ok, just tell the girl at check out its a replacement and off I go ;)

Now car start fine and idle fine :p happy bunny. It is good to buy from a shop sometimes although usually cost a bit more for the comfort of after sales service.

you were lucky i brought a cd player from them a ripspeed one it stopped working i had the till reciept but they wanted the a4 sheet showing purchasing details before they would change it for the same one ,which had dropped 50 quid in price .

you were lucky i brought a cd player from them a ripspeed one it stopped working i had the till reciept but they wanted the a4 sheet showing purchasing details before they would change it for the same one ,which had dropped 50 quid in price .

Which model was it? I just installed one of their Ripspeed CMR2000 into my 5 today (CD/MP3 player).

I'm going to take mine back at the weekend and get a replacement, as I'm sure a battery shouldn't discharge within a few days, even in this cold, damp weather. Luckily I still have the receipt.

I just hope I don't have have the same problem again, as batteries aren't cheap!