The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My brake pipe has burst OMG!!!! good excuse for brake overhaul!

Guest dangerousandy

Guest dangerousandy

I haven't used the Supra since returning from the Ace Cafe meet last tuesday. The next morning I noticed a small patch of clear fluid under the diff.......!!! I thought it might have been fuel, but my Supra has NEVER leaked any fluids since i've had it - even when the original diff blew!! I changed my rear shock absorbers and top mounts on saturday and when I started the Supra up to turn it around I was greeted with the main warning light and brake fluid lights and no brake pedal :( good job it didnt fail on the way back from the Ace!!!

I've just ordered the braided hoses off ebay and I am going to remove the exhaust and heat sheilds on wednesday (day off work!) to find and replace the offending brake pipe and any others that look rusty! I'm also going to respray the calipers black and refit the OEM transfers........

Guest dangerousandy
Hi m8

I have the 2 brake lines that run from the back to the front of the car if you need them.

Brand new o/e Toyota £40 + p&p

Im going to strip off the exhaust system and heat shields tomorrow and see what I need. I will take you up on that offer if the pipes look dodgy!! i'll PM you:d

Im going to strip off the exhaust system and heat shields tomorrow and see what I need. I will take you up on that offer if the pipes look dodgy!! i'll PM you:d

Have a a good look around the rear axle, also where the brake pipes go up from the rear end of the chassis rail as there pretty much infront of the n/s rear wheel so get a lot of rd crap thrown at them, under the plastic cover along the chassis rail there usually ok and also up by the fuel filter there ok.

Guest dangerousandy

Pipe replaced today!! It was the long one that runs from the N/S/R wheel to the front bulkhead. It was only £31 from Toyota and it was in stock the next day!!! what a git to replace though!!!!!! I have also fixed my snaped wheel stud and I am going to overhaul all four calipers.