The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How much bhp???

supraturbochris

Hello everyone. Just wanted to know. Since buying my supra tt beginning of the month, i have fitted the following performance mods.

blitz nur spec r exhaust system.

double d-cat from whifbitz

blitz induction kit

walboro fuel pump

ngk iridium spark plugs

Hks fuel cut defender.

How much BHP do you think im producing at this point in time?

Also this question is prob asked alot and people i know have different views but my supra is black. i was thinking a DO-LUCK front bumper, bomex sideskirts and either bomex or veilside rear spats blended into rear bumper or a trail rear bumper with TRD rear wing?? what do you think? :cool:

cheers

na i havnt yet lack of funds after my giant spending spree.

Next months mods.

Boost gauges etc.

Blitz or Hks front mount intercooler

Greddy boost controller;)

You should have installed the boost guage first, when it is installed you will be able to tell how much boost you are running.

If your running the desired 1.2 bar easily then there is not real point buying a boost controller as this only ups the boost it does not lower it.

Doesnt the HKS FCD just remove the fuel cut instead of raising it like some others, you should be very careful if so.

I think they are adjustable so you can tell it to stop at a certain point...

On some other cars, ive heard the HKS FCD's make it run stupidly lean...is this the same for supras or not?! :search:

I think they are adjustable so you can tell it to stop at a certain point...

On some other cars, ive heard the HKS FCD's make it run stupidly lean...is this the same for supras or not?! :search:

The FCD wont make it run lean, its the fact the boost is raised to such a point where there is no controlled fueling or not enough fuel.

Supra stock MAP sensors run out at approx 1.25bar hence the safe max boost of 1.2bar, beyond this fueling is in the hands of the gods.

UK motors use MAF and have different turbos, this is why some crazy folks claim 1.4bar is ok :rolleyes:

The FCD wont make it run lean, its the fact the boost is raised to such a point where there is no controlled fueling or not enough fuel.

Supra stock MAP sensors run out at approx 1.25bar hence the safe max boost of 1.2bar, beyond this fueling is in the hands of the gods.

UK motors use MAF and have different turbos, this is why some crazy folks claim 1.4bar is ok :rolleyes:

i thought the HKS Ones, basically fooled the ecu into thinking it was running less boost than it acutally is, hence why it doesnt hit fuel cut....and running lean, for example, say the FCD makes the car think its running 0.8 bar instead of 1.2bar, it will be fuelling for 0.8bar at 1.2bar, hence not enough fuel and it running lean....?

Like i said tho, thats on a different car, so its different to a supe..

i thought the HKS Ones, basically fooled the ecu into thinking it was running less boost than it acutally is, hence why it doesnt hit fuel cut....and running lean, for example, say the FCD makes the car think its running 0.8 bar instead of 1.2bar, it will be fuelling for 0.8bar at 1.2bar, hence not enough fuel and it running lean....?

Like i said tho, thats on a different car, so its different to a supe..

That would be very bad as it would mean the whole map is off, this could also affect ignition as well, you could be running less fuel with more ignition for any given area of the map.

Surely thats not right, if the HKS works like that I would bin it.

What you want is an FCD that leaves the boost signal alone until it approaches the cutoff level, and then kicks in, holding the signal below the critical level. This is how the THOR FCD works.

:cool: