The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Auto box

charlton

it will go when you put your foot down. but just like a manual. If you want it to go properly you have to change down :p

It doesnt kick down in the middle of a turn. If it does your not driving a rear wheel drive car properly. You shouldnt be accerating in the middle of a turn :) I only accelerate out of corners carefully. or im in manual mode so it doesnt change.

Takes some getting used to as ive always driven manuals. but i love mine. wouldnt swap it for the world :)

It doesnt kick down in the middle of a turn. If it does your not driving a rear wheel drive car properly. You shouldnt be accerating in the middle of a turn

Not even if you ease off the throtle?

I didnt even want to see an auto supra when i was buying

I want an aerotop eventually so I have no choice!!

I want an aerotop eventually so I have no choice!!

I had never even driven an auto car till the day I picked up my first aerotop supe!! You get used to it very quickly, and like others have said, manual mode is fun and then you have overdrive too, and you can control the gears so easily and it's soo much nicer in traffic!

While my Supe is at a health spa getting a facelift I have been driving an auto Saab which I am not rating at all. Sure the sports mode is fun but I've never seen eye to eye with auto boxes. Is the auto Supe really that much better than others?

i had a Saab 93 diesel turbo auto last year for 10 days on hire when i was up in Jockland with work and found myself laughing out loud sometimes at the car, the auto shift even using the steering wheel buttons was hit and miss, it was as if the ecu applied to a commitee to change the gear, who then applied to another sub-commitee who wanted everything in tripicate and when every one was happy BINGO it changed gear, dont get me wrong it was a nice car and a good m-way cruncher but did not have the predictability of the supe (kind of hard to believe 15 years seperates them) when i gave the Saab back i got in my Supra and just appreciated what a good car they are, i dont even bugger about slamming the box through the gears or use manu i just stick it in drive and watch everything disappear in the rear view mirror :D

try one you may like it:eyebrows:

i had a Saab 93 diesel turbo auto last year for 10 days on hire when i was up in Jockland with work and found myself laughing out loud sometimes at the car, the auto shift even using the steering wheel buttons was hit and miss, it was as if the ecu applied to a commitee to change the gear, who then applied to another sub-commitee who wanted everything in tripicate and when every one was happy BINGO it changed gear, dont get me wrong it was a nice car and a good m-way cruncher but did not have the predictability of the supe (kind of hard to believe 15 years seperates them) when i gave the Saab back i got in my Supra and just appreciated what a good car they are, i dont even bugger about slamming the box through the gears or use manu i just stick it in drive and watch everything disappear in the rear view mirror :D

try one you may like it:eyebrows:

well said that man ;)

The Supe is the first Auto I have ever driven and at this moment in time I couldn't see myself going back to a manual, I'd probably forget to change gears and rev the crap out of it. LOL.

:yeahthat: Also I find that my box changes so fast i couldn't physically change a manual that fast :blink: