The mkiv Supra Owners Club

turbo timer not working

jazz1

ok basically i had my alarm fitted some maybe remeber a while back the lights stopped working so i took the car back and the guy started saying the switch is gone, but after further examination it was a fuse that went. Now owning the car for 7 years not once has the fuse gone but after fitting the alarm the lights stopped working hence the fuse blowing. So that was all sorted, anyways they fitted a turbo timer relay so that when i start the car by remote start and turn it off the car stays on, also leaving it alarmed. Now all of a sudden i start the car by remote start and when i go to turn the car off by remote, the car dont stay on but the timer counts down. So today i took the car to them and they said your turbo timer is gone, the relays inside are probably gone, so i asked the guy why has it gone is it due to the alarm and he said no. Now i personally think it would be the alarm that has stopped it or blown it so im not sure, anyways im going to take it to a proffesional garage and if it is gone to the alarm im going back to the guys to moan

Turbo timers won't work with Clifford CAT 1 alarms. Thats what Sextons in Reading told me anyhow, hence I removed mine.

As Tooquicktostop says though they are a waste of money. Just run the car carefully at the end of each journey instead of leaving it idling for a while.

Guest 95 T88 Supra

You can also get an alarm which is TT compatiable. I am not sure what brand it was that works great on turbo cars with turbo timer. I know for a fact Autopage doesn't work well with turbo timer since i had it on my Sti. Turbo timer went crazy so i never used it and i was using the remote start as my tt. Hope this info help you.

question is my clifford has the function i have the turbo timer relay fitted so that when my car stays on i can still alarm it and it will turn off and alarm by itself. But now the damn turbo timer counts down but the car dont stay on like it did so im thinking its the alarm thats caused it?