The mkiv Supra Owners Club

pride and joy and a roundabout no brakes = dead supra

thesword22

i came to a roundabout doing about 30 braked a good 100 - 75 mtrs away but nothing. no brakes. tried steering but couldnt. i ended up planted in the roundabout.

she still drives fine so enigne is ok

we ended up about two foot from a ditch.

hopefully if i can get the spares then she will be back on the road by next week.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

30mph + 100m + enough damage to bend wings, bonnets and likes sense

You'd be amazed how easily the bonnet and wings bend on the supra! It has a great crumple zone to keep you safe but does mean the bonnet and wings take the damage.

In my white Supra I had a very minor tap we are talking 5 - 10mph tops. Twisted the bonnet a little bit and you could just visually see it.

Just for a giggle I checked the 100mph-0 distance of a Supra:

378 feet

115 meters.

60 is 109 feet- 33 meters.

Now assuming force is quadrupled as a variable doubles (like wind resistance for example) then the opposite is true when you half a variable, so 30mph-0 should be 8.25 meters.

:D

i forgot to say the reason i need wings, lights and bonnet was coz i took out a sign as well that was cleverly parked on the roun dabout.
thats really unluky m8 y r they puttin bloody signs on roun dabouts neway??????????? they shuud no its gunna dammage r cars wen these things hapen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i was driving sensible coz they had just been out gritting about 1hr before hand.

Seems you found an ungritted bit. Must have been sheet ice if you had no brakes or steering to speak off.

Plus, as a bit of advice, try driving "sensible" all the time, instead of just when the gritters have been out.