The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How can you tell if you have Jspec / uk spec turbos?

ShamelessTT

i have j spec with uk turbos, its fast until 4000rpm then it goes mental on 2nd boost to red line

4 inch full hks system

hks cooler

cams

uk turbos

2nd decat

hks bov

induction kit

auto

i though there was something wrong with 1st turbo, some people on forum even said i was running ttc. i am glad that you have commented on this. puts my mind at rest. sometimes get fcd at 1 bar most time boost at 0.9 on both turbos

regards

matt

i think they are trying to say that most people cant find uk supplied so they buy j spec and put uk turbos and front intercooler etc. still j spec car but with a few things on to get up to uk spec if you get me

Jesus, you guys are so far off the mark it's unreal :D In case you didn't get it the replies eariler were taking the piss out of your confusing posts.

Some simple checks are to remove some of the intake pipeswork and check the stamp on the compressor. Another it to check the bolt patern to the manifold after the EGBV (Large bolt patern is UK, smaller, jspec). The UK turbo's are also 4 bolt, whereas the jspec's 3 bolt.

It's very unusual for a jspec engine to have UK turbo's fitting since it requires the entire manifold, turbo's, EGBV, 1st cat etc to be replaced. It also slightly screws up the mapping since the UK turbo's are slightly laggier (sp)