The mkiv Supra Owners Club

xs power turbos what do you think.

Guest jamie m

Guest jamie m

just having an argument with my mate who runs an xs power turbo which has been quiet reliable since hes had the car running just under 1 bar of boost and producing around 500bhp (supra 3.0 n/a (turbo'd), the turbos 160 quid new and to me seems like it wont last 2 seconds, im going to be running a garrett gt35/82r and hes telling me his turbo is as good as mine

opinions on this subject?

i got 3 sat on the floor if you want them ...all been swapped for gt35r. The gt35r produces more power at 1.2bar then the ebay at 1.7 bar. The ebay does not have full spool until 4000rpm, the gt35r has full spool at 3200rpm. ummm so what you think ?? just race him later on a standing start or round a track .

i got 3 sat on the floor if you want them ...all been swapped for gt35r. The gt35r produces more power at 1.2bar then the ebay at 1.7 bar. The ebay does not have full spool until 4000rpm, the gt35r has full spool at 3200rpm. ummm so what you think ?? just race him later on a standing start or round a track .

Build a jet turbine engine with them... see how long they last :)

Guest jamie m

just so people know my mate bought the car off a member on here gazza gsi, im running the gt35/82r on a high powered skyline 600bhp (ino ino its a skyline....... and you supra owners dont like them) but my mate said i was being biased posting this on the skyline forum so i told him i would post it on here too as he doesnt believe me the turbos are like chocolate.!

Guest jamie m

rb25det head built up with -

tomei pon cams

tomei 8.8mm valve springs

tomei adjustable exhaust pulley

all valves re lapped in

cometic 1.5mm head gasket

arp head stud kit

wiseco 87mm pistons compression 8.5

eagle esp h-beam connecting rods

arp rod bolts

acl race series bearings -

rods

cranck (standard size)

genuine new nissan water pump

n1 new oil pump

greddy oil filter relocation kit

greddy oil filter

mocal 19 row oil cooler

genuine nissan cambelt tensioner and idler

hks cambelt

genuine nissan rocker cover gaskets

genuine nissan inlet manifold gasket

genuine exhaust manifold gasket

arp exhaust manifold studs, 10mm washers and nuts

tubular stainless steel top mount turbo manifold with external wastegate fitting

manifold-turbo studs and gaskets

garrett gt35/82r turbo

braided oil feed with forge filter

60mm universal external wastegate

ku engineering side feed plenum and velocity stacks

ku engineering 80mm throttle bodie

sard 850cc injectors

aeromotive fuel pressure regulator upto 60psi with gauge and fittings

tomei 300lph gtr fuel pump in tank.

new nissan fuel filter

600x300x100mm intercooler

nismo 1.3bar rad cap

nismo low temp thermostat

nismo oil filler cap

radiator silicone hoses

alloy radiator

Ah, so it was Gazza's car. That one (dispite the cheap turbo) is quite well put together. It might not be far off 500bhp at all. I remember him putting down some reasonable times at Santa Pod last year. I'm sure it runs a lot more than 1 bar boost...

Overall though, it's not a very good turbo and there are much better ones out there.

just so people know my mate bought the car off a member on here gazza gsi, im running the gt35/82r on a high powered skyline 600bhp (ino ino its a skyline....... and you supra owners dont like them) but my mate said i was being biased posting this on the skyline forum so i told him i would post it on here too as he doesnt believe me the turbos are like chocolate.!

A 600bhp skyline will destroy it in pretty much any conditions.

Not sure why you think people here don't like Skylines (Has that impression been given)? You'll find that most here like them, a few even own one ;)

One thing we do hate here is text speak :(

Guest jamie m

yeah sorry about the typing its getting late, we shall be down pod this summer and see what happens if his turbo holds up till then?? good to see you guys dont shoe away a skyline owner as a few sites i have been on do! jamie

yeah sorry about the typing its getting late, we shall be down pod this summer and see what happens if his turbo holds up till then?? good to see you guys dont shoe away a skyline owner as a few sites i have been on do! jamie

It's been running well for a good few years so the turbo will probably last, the gearbox is a different matter :D

Guest jamie m

ahhh yeh it had a full gearbox rebuild before he bought it and hes just about finished running it in, so far so good. what would be a sensible upgrade gearbox wise for him if/when it next goes?

ahhh yeh it had a full gearbox rebuild before he bought it and hes just about finished running it in, so far so good. what would be a sensible upgrade gearbox wise for him if/when it next goes?

At 500bhp it'll lunch itself again. Not sure if anyone else remebers if it was Gaz that went though all those W58's (might be another fella, so not sure)

A V160 6speed is the only real replacement for it, but they are not cheap or readily available

Guest jamie m

how much would he be looking at paying for a 6 speed box if he could find one and are they pretty much a straight swap? i take it a w58 is a standard n/a gearbox?