The mkiv Supra Owners Club

oil low - what to choose for a TT?

jaw

My oil's running low - just above the L mark, so I need to top her up asap. It's not loosing an excessive amount, I would have said it was due an oil change in a month anyway, so whilst I'm at it, I might as well go for a full oil change:) Hoping to pick up an oil filter from my local dealer tomorrow.

I've had a search, and so many options have cropped up, that I don't know what to go for! I was thinking something like Castrol Magnatec 10W/40, but then another post disagreed lol, so my question is, what sort of oil shall I go for? I've seen the FAQ here but when it says ''either of these are fine'', there must be advantages/disadvantages?

I'm running near to standard, so we're talking much less than bpu, regular driving. How much oil left in does the L level represent on the supe? I can only fill her up if I get paid tomorrow, so is she still ok for a drive? God I hate Janruarys!

Thanks All :D

Pick an oil that is decent, if it is cheap then it probably isn't good. Go with the recommendations on the FAQ and you will be fine.

Have you check your dash lights to make sure they work as well? You should have the two oil lights on the right handside of the top section of the dash when you go to ignition. These are a common failure. (Just thought I would mention this as well)

mobil 1 at cosco for 21 quid a gallon

I'm assuming thats 0w40, the viscosity is not correct. Its too thin for the TT and will get past the seals ;)

Edit: I would recommend the Silkolene/Motul fully synthetic stuff (probably going to be 5w40, in your case), best to contact oilman on here.