The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Any ideas

Guest sandboy

Guest sandboy

Just brought a front mount intercooler of e bay , has anyone any ideas wat to do with the power steering pipes , does the oil have to be cooled at all ?? , or is there a after market pipe u can buy .

I put an aftermarket cooler on at the same time (mounted it in front of the passenger side front wheel to get ait from the duct in the front bumper).

Also many of the aftermarket kits come with the pipework needed to modify the ps cooling setup:

http://www.mvpmotorsports.com/Merchant/blitz_fmic.gif

http://www.mvpmotorsports.com/Merchant/catalogpics/mk4/greddy/12010026.jpg

I had my FMI fitted by Kent Performance in Gillingham, Kent a bit of a way away from you. Thought all was great, having had an HKS silent power exhaust fitted with de cat 2nd pipe, but took car to be dyno'ed and now the thing overboosts so much I can't even use the boost control. Gasses flowing to turbo's too quick and putting up boost to such an extent that engine now 'dets' at high workloads. Now frightened to use it without doing something else. Why did they fit such small wastegates to the jap version of the TT.

Back to the conversion. All pipes were pushed back towards the rad. The only thing that had to be moved was the header tank for the rad which now inconveniently sits behind my headlamp.

Probably got the same kit as you. Is it an autobarn 88 from Hong Kong.

If you want contact details for Kent Performance you can get them on 01634360693. They might be able to talk you through it. Ask for Craig. He usually gets in about 10 am